Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jury Duty

Options
  • 30-04-2023 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Did you use both those excuses at they same time? If so I can See why they weren't accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Holly1010

No I submitted them separately. Medical reason first was declined. Then work reason was declined. I have no problem serving if I felt at the moment I was capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just turn up on day one wearing a tshirt with a racist slogan or similar, they'll dismiss you quick enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tbf, someone who states that they have a demanding job, but also has trouble concentrating, sounds like they're trying all options.

if you do have that medical issue, get a letter from your doctor, i cannot see them refusing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ha. Doesn't stop you sitting around for half a day (or longer) every day while they pick out possible jurors from the pool. It's only when you've been picked as a possible juror and taken down to the courtroom that you can be objected to. If you aren't chosen (or are chosen but objected to) you still have to keep turning up until the time period for that pool of jurors expires.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aside from being off-topic, the OP has deleted the post, so I'm locking this rather than moving it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement