Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouthwash

Options
  • 30-04-2023 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been using mouthwash for about a month, I started using Listerine Total Care which contained alcohol then switched to Curasept 0.05% daily which has no alcohol but contains Chlorhexidine which is good for gum problems.

I don't have any gum problems or any other reason to use mouthwash so I've stopped using it primarily because it kills good bacteria as well and I brush my tooth properly twice a day with an electric toothbrush and floss as best as I can with a water flosser.

I also use a tongue scraper on my tongue with some Tung Gel and my breath is just as fresh as if I used mouthwash so there's no point and it does more harm than good.

Question is how long will it take for the good bacteria to grow back in my mouth now I've quit mouthwash?

Advertisement