Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused quotes online??

• 01-05-2023 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Car insurance up end of May. A few insurers have refused to quote me online. Anyone know why this would be and does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you have a claims history? Do you share a name or address with someone infamous? Is the car something different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Bought new car few months back. Vw passat jap import. Could that be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DonegalDiva99

I have had that response due to listing my job as a ' trainer', it's the closest match on the list of jobs and often I go through the whole process of filling in the information online to be told I need to ring to get a quote. I dread car insurance renewal time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Get in touch with them as got insurance for 2 cars 2001 and 1989 is a jap import

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Does the refusal to quote now constitute an additional material fact that has to be disclosed when next applying for a quotation ?

How is OP supposed to proceed if he is not given a reason for refusal of quotation ?

If OP has been refused three or more times is this now a matter for the Declined Cases Agreement ?

LINK Insurance Ireland - The Voice of Insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

An insurer not offering a quotation is not deemed a refusal of cover. That only occurs when a person proceeds to contract with an insurer and additional material information is disclosed/discovered leading to an insurer withdrawing from the proposed contract.

As for the declined cases committee, they won't get involved here as the OP has terms from his current insurer. Their function is to assist where cover is proving difficult to obtain, not to get a competitive quotation for you

Advertisement