Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 35 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 01-05-2023 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭

The second last normal GW of the season!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No idea what to do this week. Might bank it. Main options are Martinelli to Grealish for free, or Chilwell to TAA (but that'll cost me -4).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think Pope needs to go. No cleansheets for ages and Arsenal next. Although he has a double in 36. Not sure for who though. Maybe De Gea, they have decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Definitely wouldn’t sell him. Newcastle are still defending well just they keep conceding 1 goal but the stats would suggest they’re as likely as almost anyone to keep a clean sheet.

No way I’d be selling until after his double at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Might bring in a Brighton midfielder for Odgaard or Grealish but not sure which one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They have like 1 CS in last 11 games - likes of United have multiple in that time frame and have a DGW. No point keeping players just cause they have a DGW if they keep conceeding.

• Advertisement

True but my point would be statistically they are still performing well and in almost all those games they’ve conceded just 1 goal. That would indicate to me they are basically as likely as anyone else to keep clean sheets going forward so I would argue selling Pope is a wasted transfer especially given his DGW

The have kept 1 CS in last 13 games, conceding 16 goals. DDG for comparison has 7 CS in that time frame (plus game tomorrow) and only conceded 13 goals, and that includes 7 against Liverpool. Statistically they are not performing when it comes to CS. Even Everton and Southampton have more CS in that period of games.

Think you’re putting too much emphasis on the outcomes. Yes they kept more clean sheets than Newcastle in the last 13 but those games are gone now. We can’t get those clean sheets points.

So what is the better indicator or future clean sheets? Is it the actual amount of clean sheets kept over the last x number of games? (x being a totally arbitrary number here to suit your argument)

Or are clean sheets more likely to be obtained by the team with far lower xG conceded over the season and with more fixtures left this season to get the clean sheets? This team has also kept far more clean sheets over the whole season which surely is a more logical data point to use for that data than a random number of games chosen solely to strengthen your own point.

Id strongly argue for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

With both midfielders getting returns in the week just gone it seems transfering out either might be the wrong idea and while I'd also like to transfer out Zinchenko there are no defenders I fully trust to replace him so will probably bank my free transfer and have two for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Might bank but also looking at Mee to Shaw and bench Trippier given his lack of returns.

Not transfer related but a GK headache - start Kepa or Raya.

Currently on Kepa as I have Salah v Raya but Chelsea are just so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think I’ve changed my tune on Fernandes. I need a differential in my main league and think it’ll be him. Great fixtures. I’ll need to do Martinelli to Fernandes and Chillwell to 4.5 bench fodder. Think I’ll wait one more week for it as not sure if a -4 is worth it.

Grealish looks a good asset too. Could do March to Grealish but might be madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

What's a better option this week:

Martinelli & Wilson or Isak & Gakpo?

I want Gakpo & Wilson but am short 0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have to get Salah in this week, had Kane as a differential but need tog et a bit defensive now being top of main moneyleague

Given Martinelli was surprisingly benched last game, hard to know if he's guaranteed to start this week. Likewise Wilson/Isak one of them could easily not start. Actually Gakpo could also not start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Alvarez(VC) in for Toney,also have Haaland (c). Dropping Mitoma to bench for Gibbs-White. Navas over Kepa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Who should I bench: Grealish or Trippier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I'd bench Trippier, because of form, but I have a habit of getting 50/50 calls absolutely wrong :D

This week it's Billing out, Groß in.

I don't think I have an obvious first 11 for this week, so I'm finding it hard to settle on a team.

Raya

Stones, Dalot, Estupinan, Konate

Rashford, Grealish, Salah, March

Haaland(c) Toney

Subs: Alisson, Isak, Trippier, Groß

(I got Groß in mainly for the DGW and before he was flagged)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

Was thinking of getting rid of Martial but Jota is a doubt now. Also want to move Buonanotte on.

Jota for Isak and hold on to one FT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I'm going with a simple (and possibly mad strategy) between now and the end of the season.

Every player team must need to have fewer than 34 games!!

Loading the team up from BHA, MAN C, MAN U, NEW, and Chelsea (Sorry small typo there ☺️)

Even have Pope and DeGea for alternate DGW's. (Raya has been good but has a tough run in)

Maybe sure if I will keep an Arsenal player in or not next week?

Not sure who could come for Kane??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Jota to Isak or Wilson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Yeah maybe Isak(Leeds/Brighton) for DGW36, Kane has AV away that week.

Will have plenty in the bank that week, but could be could to strengthen Midfield again for the final week, or Kane back again if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Is it mad to get both Isak and Wilson for the DGW?

Both in form, both could substitute for each other and still get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m thinking I will myself. Worth a go and then can get rid of one of them the following week.

Ive Jota and Watkins with Haaland at the moment so don’t think I’ll mind letting them go

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Did Jota get injured since the other night? He came on in that game so I thought he might start vs Brentford but if he hurt himself again I think it’s time to move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

I will be getting Wilson, already have Isak. It's in my plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Will roll the FT if no early team news that could upset things, Grealish and Haaland benched for example. Other than that nothing standing out and nice to have the 2 FTs going into DGW36.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Plan to roll but it we get City news, I might take a punt on transfer and captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Had forgotten how Arsenal heavy my squad is after using the FH. Would ideally get rid of all three but would need to take a hit.

May have to roll over the FT to have 2 free for next week. But if there's any early city news I'll get in one of their mids for Saka or Martinelli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Any early City news??

Advertisement