Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90z

Options
  • 02-05-2023 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hello

My Triton t90z shower (maybe 8 years old) has stopped working. Water is still flowing but not consistently and what is coming is cold, and the shower is making a very loud noise. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it, or should I just invest in a new one. I've removed the filter and cleaned it. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Assuming it is getting a satisfactory water supply from your tank, it is probably a worn out pump/motor assembly.

After 8 years I would be inclined to change the shower outright for the new model T90SR. It’s a pretty direct replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most likely an airlock. Some good troubleshooting steps on the link below.

If it's not an airlock then most likely motor is failing. Triton no longer make parts for this model & they have sold their remaining stock of motors. They can still be sourced from the UK but €150 to €200 for the motor by the time you ship it here & pay customs & shipping.

There was an 8% increase on all Triton showers from 1st May. This is on top of 8% increase last November. If you are thinking of replacing the shower its worth buying now before the increase filters through to the retail outlets

https://www.dublinshowerrepair.com/troubleshooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

There's definitely some water coming to it, and I've checked the valve in attic and it's fully open. Think I'll get a new one so. Thanks for the advice 👍

Advertisement