Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good document management software?

Options
  • 02-05-2023 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm looking for ways to improve the e-filing system in my office since we often drive ourselves into a corner. There are only 6 of us, but we do manage to make a mess and end up naming different docs similarly... So, can anyone recommend software that can group the files (even PDFs) by content and allows us to find a doc by its content as well? I should also mention that we do make a lot of scans in a day (ballpark of 30-40, including invoices), so we need to make this as error-free as possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

These issues sound quite familiar to me haha! Scanning, editing, and organizing heaps of pages is far from a simple job. If you don't stay on top of things at all times, you risk losing your track and will have to deal with a stream of setbacks. I know the feeling all too well... So, I recommend starting with software that's easy to learn and also - fairly priced. For example, Templafy, FileCenter, DocuWare... Take a look at their articles about proper document scanning practices and see which one you like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

Thanks for sharing this, always nice to learn from someone more experienced than me!

And yeah, practice is the best, most effective teacher we can get. Luckily, we haven't made any costly mistakes so far (like sending the wrong invoice to a client), but we're definitely not up to snuff with file management. I'll dig deep into these apps and get to fixing this ASAP. The team members are all quick learners, though we need something with an intuitive UI to smooth things out fast - preferably with built-in version tracking and OCR safety nets.

Post edited by ketchupmessi63 on

Advertisement