Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catflap - microchip

Options
  • 04-05-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a catflap that opens via microchip but the ads don't say if the product comes with the microchip.

Zooplus doesn't sell microchips, only RFID collar tags (which are sorta large for cat).

So, where does one get a microchip?

and then I guess you have to sync it with the flap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭thebiglad

The microchip is the one your vet puts into the cat, you only need an RFID tag on the cats collar if the cat is not already chipped.

You have the option of getting the cat chipped if they are not - my cats lose a lot of collars and if their tag was on the collar they'd be locked out.

Setting up with the flap is very easy with chipped cats - you just need to poke their heads through when it is in set up mode - not much different to setting up a new bluetooth device really, apart from they have claws and may not be keen to stuffed into the cat flap 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FrankT.

Petsafe sells microchip cat flaps which can be used by over 20 cats - its about 75 euros. get your cat microchipped at the vet, bring flap and sync, install cat flap and train your cat

Advertisement