Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Japan.. customs

Options
  • 04-05-2023 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭

Never done this before so would like advice.

Looking to get a Casio from Japan and seem to find this company have a good price.

1. Has anyone any experience of this company? If so what did you think.

2. What's the custom charges on €380.

3. Any chance you don't get charged and avoid customs 😁

4. Any other site recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Customs will be +23% on the total price paid for the item including the shipping charge. There will also be an admin fee levied by whoever delivers the item. For AnPost it's a flat €3.50 but dependent upon the courier it can be an additional €20.

So on €380, VAT included would be €467.40, plus the lowest admin fee gives a €470.90. Lots of Japanese watches look attractive pricewise until you factor in the VAT.

I've not used that company but some of our regular posters have bought from Japan via yahoo auctions and rakuten iirc. Hopefully they can chime in with some advice.

On the possibility of not being charged, this days it is very rare not to be as all incoming items have an electronic declaration. If the declaration isn't submitted then the item gets RTS'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I used this site to get a Casio Oceanus https://www.seiyajapan.com

There are closed until May 8th if you want to wait a few days to see what Casio's they have and as a price comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cheers folks ya it's an Oceanus I'm interested in

Which Oceanus did you get btw?

I'm thinking of the T200. I just like that minimal look.

Just been on chrono24 and see there's watches from a German seller. Is that subject to same 23% customs also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Germany is in the EU, so no additional charges.

• Advertisement

Whaddaya think of it? Would you go again for another Oceanus or happy with that and move on to a different brand?

I think it's great. Titanium case and bracelet, sapphire glass, nice blue accents on the second hand and indices and super easy to change timezone on it. I've actually been considering ordering the black version of the same watch but have held off for now.

The Oceanus watches with the Bluetooth function hold no interest for me to be honest so I personally wouldn't buy one of those.

This one ?

https://www.chrono24.com/watch/9S2BA1

Yeah, that's the one

• Advertisement
Advertisement