Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent receipt for licensee

Options
  • 04-05-2023 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hello , Is below rent receipt format okay to issue for a licensee under the rent a room scheme?

I, xxx [passport number] accept 000 cash today dd/mm/yy as €00 for rental deposit and €00 as first months rent for the room rental of xxxc, Dublin for xxx xx [passport number]

Rental start date:

Date of return of deposit:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Why would you use passport numbers and not names?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thats very formal , why?

€xxx rent received 1june to 31 June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

If the money is transferred to your account, they will already have a record of the payment. Why do you need to issue a paper receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Seems rather formal. As the last person said, if you're getting paid via bank transfer, there's already a paper trail. I use the Rent a Room scheme and don't issue receipts, never have done. The transfer is done online so there's no need or obligation.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Do not give receipts. Your lodger has proof of payment if they are paying you by bank transfer. Do not put your passport number on a receipt if you want to give a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I just accept the money via bank transfer. That's the proof of payment there. Don't understand why you're bringing passport numbers into it. If anything it should be PPS number. If someone gets a new passport tomorrow they get a new number.

Advertisement