Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 - remove/disable a zone?

Options
  • 04-05-2023 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

So I have a HKC 1070 and every time we close a door, the vibration makes the panic button at the front door go off.

How to I disable/remove this zone completely? I can't seem to find an engineer's menu. I can get into a "Users" menu where you can change user codes - but can't find the main engineers (or zones) menu.

I punched in "4567" which is supposed to be the default engineer's code but nothing happened. The display seems to want 6 digits entered, so when I enter 4 is just sits there waiting for the last 2.

Thanks.

Post edited by Her B Vore on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

Your installer has likely changed the default code to access the Eng. menu. Check with them. But understandably they may not provide the code to you if its one that they use for their other clients. In that event, have them reset the code if its your own system. Moving the panic button away from the door would be the easiest and most obvious solution here though.

Alternatively as a last resort, the panel itself could be defaulted. But this will require the system to be fully setup again by a competent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP, you more than likely either have a faulty PA button or there is a loose connection within it.

Get your installer back, get them to fix the button and ask them to sort your engineer code issue.

They may need you to sign a disclaimer as the entire reason for engineer codes is to protect the programming integrity of Intruder systems

Advertisement