Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash and carry kitchens quality

Options
  • 04-05-2023 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else had problems with their kitchens. I'm been polite saying what my parents got is absolute crap.

2 doors have fallen off, the door panel on the larder unit had to be replaced after unit brackets failed and ripped a good chunk of of it out.

I removed the side panels on the cabinets to tile splashback, the brainbox that installed it supported the extractor fan with them so it just collapsed.

I had to trim the kickboards as it looked like the fitter cut them with a 24 teeth blade and left horrible chipping on them. He cut one so tight when I removed it for floor tiling it cracked.

The melamine finish is chipped all over the kitchen after 2 months.

I go down to the showroom they replaced everything but what use is this if this shoddy shite keeps breaking?

What's it going to look like in 2 years even.

I know kitchens, I've fitted many. The cheapest IKEA kitchen would put this to shame.

I'm pissed off my parents paid good money and they just keep saying it's all covered it's under warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Friend has fitted kitchens along time he said they were ok but not great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

It's only alright. I use them for rental units, not my own home. It is all very standard, no bespoke units. I will say a lot depends on the fitter too though. C&C don't have fitters employed, it's kind of jobbing fitters, independent contractors. If you use a decent fitter, it shouldn't fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Just wondering how much of the cost of a kitchen would be fitting?

I see cash and carry are offering free fitting at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No such thing as free, its baked into the price. I wouldn't use their fitters, get your own carpenter.

Advertisement