Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd BER Cert

Options
  • 05-05-2023 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Would a BER Assesor take an old BER cert into account when doing a new cert? We recently bought a C2 house that has mineral wool wall insulation, otherwise it would be C3 or D1. I intend to add solar panels soon so I will need to get a new cert afterwards, but have a horrible feeling the cert could be the same or even lower if the new assesor doesn't take the wall insulation into a account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dockysher

A new BER is complete separate from last BER carried out. We have no access to previous BER information only cert and advisory report.

Unfortunately you would have to have some evidence of the wall being insulated with mineral wool. To add it in new BER.

There is changes coming up in regards evidence required for BER's in next few months but not sure yet on what exactly that will be.

For the solar grant there is no requirement for improving your BER rating by a certain standard though at the moment.

When was last BER completed on house? If after 2019 you can request access to last BER information from SEAI and this might have evidence of the wall insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

I will check with SEAI and see what they have. I'd like to have a good BER for when we get old and want to sell up to downsize. Than you very much for your detailed reply.

Advertisement