Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecake!

Options
  • 05-05-2023 10:01am

Planning something 👀

need a good cheesecake recipe. I will be making strawberry but whatever you’ve got fire it at me I can make necessary adjustments 😅

what I’m really looking at right now is how to get a really nice biscuit base but if you have any secret tricks for a nice filling I’m all ears!

thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask 😀

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I've been making this one for about twenty years (https://www.scienceisdelicious.net/baileys-and-milk-chocolate-cheesecake). Main bonus is that it's vegetarian. You can leave out the baileys if you like. Or make extra ganache and layer it under the topping. Or drizzle it about.

• Plan is to adjust a good recipe for strawberry flavour 😎 what I’m after is a solid foundation in essence.

As for finishing plan is use kitchen torch to effectively caramelise the top of the cheesecake. It looks really cool but also adds a really nice texture to the bite you get like three different layers all with their own unique flavours and mouth feel it’s very nice 😅

Strawberries are at their best around this time as well so perfect excuse to create a study of strawberry I guess.

Working on trying to pair with a strawberry mochi I think also. Trying to locate glutinous rice flour locally though prob end up having to buy online though.

Wouldn’t be filled with ice cream though prob either strawberry cream or a whole strawberry maybe. The mochi I mean 😅

My mother used to make her strawberry cheesecake using shortbread biscuits for the base. (Walkers, I think). It was delicious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

An easy base is 2:1 finely crushed biscuits of choice mixed with melted butter, with an extra pinch of salt. The flavour of the biscuits can be chosen to pair with your filling. It's pretty foolproof. Press it down well to compact it in the tin and chill to set.

• Oh yeah that sounds lovely! A shortbread base would match very well, knowing me I’d prob make shortbread from scratch and bake it off to set the base nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 527 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I usually make a burnt basque one

Advertisement