Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching council registration

• 05-05-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a degree, masters and postgraduate from UCC my PGCE is from Kingston University. It has taken me 2 years and approximately 1000 euro to gather all of the relevant documentation to submit my application for the teaching council.

It says on the website that registration takes 12 weeks my application has now taken 14 I have e mailed the council and been told that there is no issue with my application and they have no idea why my application is taking so long.

Has anyone been in a similar situation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

Unfortunately, the TC is one of the most inept departments I have ever come across. I've been through it and I feel your pain. I can't really offer much advice apart from make sure that you send everything by registered post as it's amazing how many times they claim that documents haven't arrived. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mirkel75

Thank you so much for your message. I am so glad I am not the only one. The system has now been fully computerized however documents still manage to go missing. Just wondering work wise has it been worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

The teaching council was specifically set up to weed out impatient people and other normal people who realise their own self worth is far more precious than going through the administrative jungle that is teaching council registration.

Just remember... when the parents and students are hurling abuse at you, and the older teacher barks at you in the staff room for using their Spurs tea mug.... You say to yourself. " I survived teaching council registration, I can do this...".

This made me laugh ! Thanks soooo much !!! I am thinking of getting a tee shirt with I survived the teaching council! Or maybe a mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

I better not mention the epic journeys that are "Congratulations on achievement registration, please contact Payroll".

Or

"Just when you thought it was over: The Pensions Department, that isn't there".

• Advertisement

😜 dont tell me this just gets better and better!!! 😉 I can't wait to get my registration so they can screw me in so many different ways!

so I finally registered let the games begin

Advertisement