Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shop accepting second-hand books?

• 05-05-2023 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

I have some old books I would like to donate to any shop that sells second-hand books. Preferable than just throwing them out.

Can anyone suggest where I might hand them in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

There's a used book stand at the exit (by the tills) in B&Q Limerick and there is another in Mungret Recycling...

Other than that - perhaps St Vincent de Paul or Limerick Animal Welfare shops might be interested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

I give my books to the local charity shops; Irish Cancer society shop, St Vincent de Paul etc. Also buy books from them, great prices and helping the shops in small way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Notmything

Not Limerick but I donated books to my local library, and my kids school took a bunch that were age appropriate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Limerick Animal Welfare and the Irish Cancer Society charity shop accepted all my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

There's a tipp shop called thebookshop.ie who collect from your address ( €5 per box of up to 20kg) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Glenomra

sorry if the questions appears frivolous but do they pay or charge 5 euro per box.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

The charge is for the courier collection from your door , they pay a set amount per book then I think

Advertisement