Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid gold info for ASUS routers

Options
  • 05-05-2023 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was here about 6 weeks ago asking for advice on getting which internet provider and using own router for better performance, thread since deleted?? but thanks for advice.

Any way went with Sky for €30 per month for 500Mb, and truth be told the Sky Hub is OK, but not as good as my old ASUS-RT68U, the advice here and else where was that it was too old for use with SIRO, I would need to get a more modern router so I could replace the Sky Hub........well that was wrong!!

Setting Vlan to 10 was apparently impossible on an older Router, it was not available, well it is, hidden away and here is how you do it.

Put the SIRO connector into the Router and sign into Router web page

On left side click on WAN

WAN Connection Type PPPoE

Username anything@skydsl (replace anything with whatever you want)

Password anything (replace anything with whatever you want)

MTU 1492 (default)

--------------------------

Next is VLAN 10

Click on Left side LAN

On the top menu click IPTV

LAN Port

Select ISP Profile Manual (bottom of menu)

Internet VID 10

That's it, Click APPLY at bottom and let it reboot.

You can now replace your SKY hub with the ASUS-RT68U for better performance, apparently this will work with many other ASUS routers that are supposedly too old and not able to set VLAN ID.

Hope this is useful to ASUS router owners, I happy as can be now with Wifi performance , no need to replace the ASUS-RT68U with a expensive new version.

Advertisement