Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omagh bombing perpetrators

Options
  • 05-05-2023 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I’m asking this here on the off-chance anyone might know. I’ve been doing quite a lot of research into this atrocity but there are a few outstanding questions that I haven’t been able to find any answers on.

It is my belief that Seamus McKenna (died in 2013) was the driver of the bomb car and that a person with initials EM was the passenger. However the description of the bomb driver doesn’t fit with McKenna. Am I correct in the above?

Colm Murphy gave Seamus Daly a phone that the former borrowed and it was this that linked Daly to the bombing. It has been said that he was one of two men driving the scout car. However it has never been revealed who the second person in the scout car was. Could anyone clarify this?

It is known that Liam Campbell who was recently sent back from Lithuania made the bomb calls, but I was of the understanding he was banned from entering the north, so how did he get to the phone booths in south Armagh to make those calls?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dublincc2

Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,507 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This?

IDK if CA is the right forum but

It is known that Liam Campbell who was recently sent back from Lithuania made the bomb calls, but I was of the understanding he was banned from entering the north, so how did he get to the phone booths in south Armagh to make those calls?

Not knowing any of the details, if you wanted to couldn't you have an accomplice hold up your cell phone on loudspeaker? What other information do you have this person was where they shouldn't have been besides what it sounds like was a trace to a phone booth?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dublincc2

Intelligence and very reliable sources have told me that Liam Campbell made the first two warning calls and Kevin ‘Kiddo’ Murray made the third. The latter is now deceased and the former as I said is back in the country after his extradition to Lithuania was overturned.

My primary question is whether or not the late Seamus McKenna and EM were the two people in the bomb car.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

There you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MI5

Happy to help.

Advertisement