Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new replacement sim with 48

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannijuno

New SIM didnt work for me either. I was in Germany for the weekend and it was a nightmare to get it up and running. It took me about 15/20 minutes to get it to connect . The new Proximus settings didnt work and had to manually input Liffey. Serious pain in the back side, more hassle than its worth now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Didn’t work for me in Ibiza so I had to manually input liffey telecom, or whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

I got the replacement SIM to work in England recently but it was very laborious.

I switched to international profile via the SIM tools app, then selected the foreign network.

I then switched back to local profile via the SIM tools app which gave me data access.

Over a 30 hour stay in England, I had to do this 3 times, as the data network kept freezing - it looked like I was connected, but I wasn't.

If I were a more frequent traveller (kinda restricted at the mo due to health issues), I'd consider changing provider.

I do carry a UK SIM (dual SIM phone),and at least I can use that if the 48 SIM stops working.

Advertisement