Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Laid Tarmac (SMA)

Options
  • 06-05-2023 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Tarmac colour shade difference

Hi

We recently got our tarmac laid, company recommended machine laid.

Quality of the job is very good.

Aesthetically it looks bad in a large area.

3 loads of tarmac used,

Where 1st load joins with 2nd load there is a difference in the colour and the joint is the largest joint (longitudinal) in the drive way. Because of the shade difference the joint is uneven,

Where the same load has a joint its absolutely fine.

Aesthetically it looks bad, I am told it will blend in eventually and with wear and tear it will be less obvious.

I'm not happy with that after spending huge amount of money on it.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with Feedback. Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mike R Ryan

This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Yes it looks crap. Sloppy they did it but they don't care as well as fobbing you off about it. There's no way that's going to blend in! I've seen similar tarmac jobs with slightly different colours but not as severe as yours and on them I can still see the differences after several years.

By the looks of it on yours to do it right would involve digging up the paler tarmac and redoing it but better talk to your solicitor about this.

Maybe a less expensive solution would be to pour a liquid finisher called Tarmac Sealer/restorer all over the tarmac to give a new uniform colour to it all. Don't know how many years it'd last.

Thank you so much for your comment.

I only logged into this today.

Yes I believe the same, It will never blend properly. It's so extreme looking.

Thanks again

I actually gave them numerous plea's to redo that paler section before it all faded but now its all more faded so it wont work...

So will have to see...

• Advertisement
Advertisement