Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my Massey Tractor

Options
  • 07-05-2023 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Massey 275 i took startermotor off as would not turn over and its stuck solid at ring gear, took injectors out and put diesel in and keep topping up as 3 weeks but no use, rocks to back and forth too but no use

other mechanics are telling me that using the bar will wreck it and some telling me to take off sumps and tip them up but others say not to do this

its only been sitting 3 half months and its exhaust has cap on it so dont know how this could happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Can you put it in a high gear and pull it?

If it was me, I'd put an inspection camera down the injector holes to check for excessive rust first.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Could be the pressure plate. How was it running prior to parking it up, any unusual rattling noise when starting ? Strange for the engine seize up in that short time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is the diesel still in the cylinders or did it drain down to the sump?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement