Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview box - No data available

Options
  • 07-05-2023 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I'd appreciate any advice about my Saorview box.

My programme guide is showing all the channel names but is not showing any channel data. If I go through the guide all the channels just display 'No data available' for all channels.

I can view all the channels and my signal and quality strength is 100%. I have done a rescan today and the issue remains. All channels there but 'No data available'.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm only getting data until midnight on my Zgemma. Must be an RTÉ problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭homenotaway

Same problem here. It's coming and going, currently okay. Has been at this since Friday (at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Problems on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Im using a media centre for Saorview and some channels have no data though not all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

I am not getting any entries on my EPG for the saorview channels (zGemma h7 box).

• Advertisement

Once again it seems the 12 year old who does their IT doesn't work weekends 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A couple of the Saorview channels are showing as "closed" or "teleshopping" displayed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's what we have. RTE One and Virgin 3.

I'm sure it'll be back to normal tomorrow.

No ETA for a fix yet as of 13:20. Seems they only became aware today 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NorthDown2

Interesting thread- I'm getting on a Panasonic hard drive the EPG data, but failing to record. It flashes that it knows it sould start to record but doesn't. TG4 fine, RTE2 fine, RTE One not - is it the RTE One multiplex causing problems? Signal from Clermont Carn near Carlingford. Failed to record RTE One since Thursday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

The Saorview twitter account has the following message today:

"Due to engineering work, viewers served by the Monaghan transmitter will experience a break in reception of up to two hours' duration between 10:00 and 17:00 on 8th May 2023."

I don't know if this is connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Three rock works as got loaded EPG today

Seems to be sorted (for now)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Still down gere. (Drogheda)

• EPG still wonky on my Sony telly. Rte1 currently has Teleshopping from 0645 to 0720 and VM4 has Closedown from 0100 to 0705.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NorthDown2

Is it the same for everyone else that the RTE Two/ VM1/ TG4 mux seems to be functioning properly, but the RTE One one is not? Clermont Carn - RTE2/VM1/TG4 are on ch 42, RTE One on 45.

Looks like I'm going to have to manually program recordings from RTE One tonight - manually inserting timings works on my Pansonic when I tested earlier, but recordings fail when taken from the EPG.

Advertisement