Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular retuning for RTE1

Options
  • 08-05-2023 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have an internal aerial mounted in the attic and have for the past few days had to retune my ZGemma H7 every day so that I can receive RTE1. Thankfully it's a quick process because I'm only doing a DVB-T rescan and not touching the satellite, but it's all a bit confusing. I have a good reception from Kippure here in North Kildare.

Can anyone advise me on what's going on? Is there a way to have alternate frequencies for RTE1 available as a backup? I noted that the reception figures shown for the station can vary with each retune - I noted these down on Friday evening and Saturday but I can't find the page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

An update to this. I'm running OpenVix on my ZGemma and the EPG shows me the frequency of each channel when I move to it. Yesterday evening (Thursday 11th) at 21:00, I put on RTE1 to watch the news and was met with a black screen. The frequency was showing as

Ch. 33 570.0 MHz 8 MHz 8564-1002

I retuned it to a perfect picture and sound and the new numbers were

Ch. 35 586.0 MHz 8 MHz 8564-1002

This morning (Friday 12th) about 11:15 I turned on the TV again for a few minutes and the picture on RTE1 was badly corrupted. I checked the numbers again and it had gone back to the Ch. 33/570.0 MHz settings on its own. I retuned and all was well again at Ch. 35/586.0 MHz.

So the system reverted to a 'bad' frequency setting at some point within just over 14 hours. I'll check again this evening.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

In the tuner setup, configure it to Kippure only. I had similar issue where I was pointing antenna at Kippure, but the box kept flipping over to Three Rock (which was usually weaker). No issues since the change.

Thanks for that, mine's the same. But it did lead me to check other menu items and I spotted that AutoBouquetsMaker was looking to Three Rock instead of Kippure. Perhaps that is causing the frequency to jump to there every day or couple of days. I have changed that configuration now to also look to Kippure.

We'll see what the next few days bring.

Two weeks later and everything has been absolutely fine. No further problems with RTE1 at all. Problem solved.

Advertisement