Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts.ie Chancers selling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I don't see the point you are making. Exactly the same thing can happen even if the deal is made on thread. Buying and selling on adverts and other similar sites carries a higher risk than somewhere like Amazon, or other properly regulated site. The buyer and seller can choose whatever way they want to best mitigate that risk. For me, I only buy from people with excellent feedback and a few years history on adverts. I only sell to people with positive feedback and at least a few months history on the site.

If I am posting an item, I want to be paid first. I make this clear before agreeing to sell the item to the potential buyer. If they don't want to do that, I won't sell to them, or they can choose to collect. I point to my years on the site and 100% positive feedback. Done properly, the risk of being left short of product or pennies is very low and is more likely to be an AnPost issue.

While that might not be how adverts officially want it done, I am not willing to take unnecessary risk on time wasters and potential scammers.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭JoeCat

The worse from Adverts.ie is that when you try to sell something, there used to be (I stopped selling items because of this) people who would say that they want the item and offer a fair price. You accept the offer and they completely stop contacting you. That's why I stopped selling there and just give away the items to friends or charity now, or sell only to those who are established and have good feedback.

In regards to overpriced items or false advertising. I think that it is onto the buyers side to do their due diligence, whether that item is worth what it is advertised for. 

Advertisement