Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do when they cannot find anything ????

Options
  • 08-05-2023 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Been to doc. Hospital done tests, nothing found

Keep getting chest pains. Doc bounced straight to hospital. Hospital did treadmill stress tests. Blood tests, whatever. Nothing found.

It is similar to Angina but occurs at rest, does not ease with rest, etc etc. Puzzled. I am out of bed 3 hours and sore again. What do I do now?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Did you get the scope. Could be a hiatus hernia. Same symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

No scope. I currently have a pain in the heart area. Had a HH 25 years ago. Drinking a bottle of gaviscon a night. They did barium meal and found it. Got anti biotics for the stomach bacteria. This is something very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

HH changes to more like the symptoms you describe as you get older. I would get it checked again anyway.

So I'm back again. Keep gettin pain in chest. Have been to hospital twice. Been treadmilled twice wired up like Frankenstein. All negative. Could be to much caffeine so reduced. Could be stress, trying to reduce. At weekend was sitting quietly laughing and joking with buddies. Chest pain again. (Type 2 diabetic with Insulin)

Had access to some serious medical folk. Did a 3 lead, then a 12 lead and then a 15 lead heart monitor. Nothing found. The people involved escalates- EMT, Paramedic, AP, then doctor. The very best of care. Nothing found. Wanted to refer me to mater for tripitonin tests. No thanks. Been done twice already.

So what do you do when hospital twice don't find anything and then more professionals still cannot find anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Visit your Gp and diagnostic sieve

• Advertisement

I went back to my GP and got a referal to the beacon for an angiogram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Maybe it's not your heart then.

The issue may be with your lungs or digestive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭youtheman

If you push hard right under your breast bone does this hurt?. I had that and it turned out to be an ulcer. Ulcers get worse (typically) when you lie down and the gastric juices rise up in your system. Tend to get better when you eat something.

No, not at all.

It is also the absolute opposite of normal chest pain. It happens at rest, so not indicative of angina or cardiac incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

did you find out what it was….beta blockers helped me ..

• Advertisement

Possibly caffeine. I gave up the massive amounts of coffee I drink and pains have gone. Got an appointment for the beacon in Oct for a heart scan. Going to do it anyway. Have VHI corporate. Brother took a heart attack last week at 47 years old :(

Advertisement