Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair name change... what more can I do?

• 08-05-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain here... I'm confused of their stance

We booked flights in Covid and pushed them out (paying extra fee's)

At the time of booking the original flights, My wife and child passport were still in wife surname.

I contacted ryanair livechat to change the surname for both. Provided marriage cert for Wife and was changed in seconds..... this is the painful bit

For our child,

1) I sent picture of the new birth cert with updated surname( Department of foreign affairs keeps old one (obviously)

2) I sent a picture of the old expired passport (the clipped one) with maiden surname & a picture of new passport (married surname)

3) I even told them to check flights on my account last year (with old passport) and one we went on this year (with new passport) that the DOB and all other details matched.

Yet they still want more proof or I have to pay €115, I advised this is the most legal documents I can provide.

They want a deed poll

Is the understanding just not there? or is deed poll more "legal" than the others and I'm in the wrong, new flights aren't until September so I dont mind pushing them on it until then., I just find it bizarre that I provided more proof for my daughter than wife yet my wife gets sorted in seconds.

Advertisement