Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 transfer thread

Options
  • 08-05-2023 7:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have 2 FTs.

March out, not sure I want to bring in another Brighton midfielder though.

I might bring in Wilson for Darwin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Only the 1 Brighton, 1 Newcastle and 1 transfer, rode my luck today. Andreas to MacAllistair and whatever Newcastle striker starts if we get any leaks. Was set on Steale for a -8 but not sure he will keep his place and may stick with Kepa instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Moved already to use my two free transfers to bring in Salah and Xhaka for Gakpo and Grealish.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anyone else thinking of a double up on wilson and Isak? Need to bin Martial ( don't ask!) And not many strikers in my price range are appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2FTs. March injury means I can keep Martinelli now. More than likely March>Fernandes, and Watkins>Greenwood. Maybe in DGW37 I'll consider MacAllister but I think Mitoma+Estupinan is probably enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Maybe wait till sat morning to see if any news - if you found out only one was starting - would you still get both?

Leeds under Big Sam will probably be a lot more compact, so might not be as many chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've 2 FTs. I feel like I might have to get rid of Steele as I'm not convinced De Zerbi will keep faith with him after that performance. Sanchez did well in the FA Cup too. Already have Mitoma and Mac Allister, so I'm considering Watkins and Steele out for Ferguson and some keeper such as Ederson. Maybe Pope but I've already got Botman and Trippier which seems plenty from that defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Really undecided this week. Can’t afford March to Mac so I’m considering either March to Willock for free or else March to Mac and Toney to Wilson for a -4.

I already own Isak.

Any advice? If I could be guaranteed even 3 starts between Wilson and Isak over the 2 games I’d do it but they may just rotate and not be on the pitch together at all.

This issue also makes captain very tricky. Think I might captain Trippier due to his guaranteed minutes and that’ll cover off the double defence a lot will have. While having the 2 strikers should cover off the people captaining Isak. Just that’s all a bit conservative maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The March injury has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, but tbh this Brighton DGW is a tough one, so it doesn't make me desperate to replace him with another doubler. I might instead switch to someone who doubles in DGW 37, so I'm not losing a game overall. Will require 2 transfers, but I have 2 FT.

It's also a benching headache this GW, so having one less doubler to cloud that judgement is not exactly a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking something similar myself, Watkins gone off the boil but little options at his price so getting Ferguson would allow upgrade of Steele to Ederson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was set to get Estupinan in but after that performance the manager might go wholesale changes. Not an easy DGW anyway. The Brighton DGW's might be fools gold at this stage, all tricky fixtures bar SOU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

After an appalling, terrible, no-good week, I had to take a -4 to swop March out for Mac.

What I think I'm playing this week is:

Alisson

Estupinan - Trippier - Stones

Mac - Groß - Rashford - Salah

Haaland(C?) Isak Wilson

Bench: Raya, Grealish, Dalot, Konate

I usually choose form over fixture, but Dalot (5.2) is beating Trippier (1.6), and it's a DGW, so anything could happen.

Captain choice is going to be very difficult as well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

After an appalling, terrible, no-good week, I had to take a -4 to swop March out for Mac.

What I think I'm playing this week is:

Alisson

Estupinan - Trippier - Stones

Mac - Groß - Rashford - Salah

Haaland(C?) Isak Wilson

Bench: Raya, Grealish, Dalot, Konate

I usually choose form over fixture, but Dalot (5.2) is beating Trippier (1.6), and it's a DGW, so anything could happen.

Captain choice is going to be very difficult as well this week.

If your playing Alisson you must fancy pool for a CS - so why bench Konate? Depending on how West Ham get on this week, they may have a weaken team out v Brentford, so playing Raya might be better option, otherwise feel like you have to play Konate.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but would you play Tripper if it was a single GW - probably not - when was the last time Newcastle kept a CS? Your kinda hedging your bets with newcastle/brighton defense but then going all out offensive with Mac/Grob/Isak and Wilson

Based on from of City, i'd probably play Grealish over Rashford as United/rashford looked terrible in last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In Man Utd's last 10 league games, Rashford has scored 2 goals. Granted, he only played 9, but he is not scoring. If it wasn't for the DGW, I would transfer him out.

I sold him around 24/25 whenever the blank is, and it was a good decision to do so as he blank in 26. Took a -4 to bring him back in 27 and there was no need to as he is not essential at the moment. Others have scored much better in the same time frame.

is his purple patch of Christmas -> February finished?

Yea I brought him back in for that last DGW where there was hype and must have - I’m very tempted to transfer him out to raise funds for elsewhere and if he does tick bring him back in for GW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Look at his record at Old Trafford. Still pretty good. Like the whole United squad, his away form has fallen off a cliff but with 3 home games left I'd be keeping him.

What are people's thoughts on bringing in Fernandes? United out of form, but have 3/4 home games, nice fixtures and have something to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Grealish to Willian....

Someone tell me that's not as bonkers as it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Contemplating a punt on Joelinton meself. Will have to get rid of one of my NUFC defenders to enable it, but have 2 FTs to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Weird gameweek... am considering transfering out a keeper with a dgw for a -4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Yeah cheers hadn't considered early team news. Maybe a punt on someone like Murphy might be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs so thinking March & Havertz (don't ask) to MacAllister & Ferguson, and then possibly Salah to De Bruyne next week. Don't like losing Salah though for the run in so will think that one over a bit more next week.

Have Trippier, Botman and Isak already so will leave the Newcastle assets as is.

Hmmmm, I'm now thinking Watkins+Botman to Wilson+Patterson(bench fodder). Have 2FTs. It does mean taking a -4 next week for Bruno though.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I did similar,

Watkins and Botman to

Wilson and Dalot

Should have stated that yeah I have Isak as well. I do question how many minutes Wilson will get, but it seems like a fun transfer to end the season with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah its something I was thinking of doing myself as struggling to pick a starting 11 so this move would allow me start TAA

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

The Wilson call is so tricky to work out. The fact him and Isak both started last week and they lost has me opting against it as I have Isak and believe he's the number 1. Its either going to MacAlister and Wilson or Joelinton and Ferguson. Leaning towards the latter at the minute.

You'd still imagine 30 mins in one game, and perhaps 60 in other. You're almost guaranteed a full match of Wilson in great form. (I'm trying to convince myself here too!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I have the Wilson/Isak double up.... given how bad my season has gone its almost certain to go badly so would recommend nobody follow my lead

Advertisement