Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Yes brought in Isak in the last Gameweek because I had 2 FTs to use and brought in Wilson for this week. Gonna captain Wilson, it feels a bit risky but more fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have 2 FT’s so tempted to use one as will go to waste otherwise……am thinking Grealish out for Mahrez as can’t see Grealish playing v Everton and Pep will be minding him if they get through v Madrid.

Mahrez is in great form the last few games.

Salah,Mitoma,Rashford,Grealish,Joelinton my current midfield for this GW.

Anyone else with Grealish thinking of getting rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Did this last week, Grealish to Mahrez. Not sure what to do now though, it’s Mahrez vs Rashford for one spot because all my other midfielders and forwards have 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yeah... saying cheerio to Grealish alright.

Getting Mahrez in I think now, along with Ferguson in for Watkins for a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Let's say Madrid win the 2nd leg, then the likes of Grealish could be very valuable in GW37 when they have a DGW. You should have some sort of bench player than can sub in for him this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah i'm benching Grealish this week in the hope he gets a run for the DGW, City will still have plenty to play for in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MacDanger

With the European game last night and another one on Thurs, are West Ham likely to rest any players this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Swapping Watkins to Isak.

6 doublers but March injured. Don't fancy a hit to get him out.

Brought in Ferguson 2 weeks ago and have him for the DGW, might be a nice differential if he plays.

Half tempted to (C) him but think Isak the safer bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They are basically safe in the league. They are unable to finish in the top half.

All of their eggs should be in the Europe basket IMO but I think we'll see a half rotated side. Ings can start, Fornals, maybe switch up the full backs etc.

sounds like both can start upfront again. Well, both start anyways. Might be Wilson central & Isak on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Rashford a big doubt for tomorrows game due to a leg injury according to Ten Hag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭chases0102

If you were bringing a Newcastle mid for March, would you go for Willock or Murphy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

MAN UTD | Erik Ten Hag has revealed Marcus Rashford is a doubt for GW36.  

"Rashford is doubtful. He has a problem, so an injury on his leg. He's a big question mark. More than doubtful, a big question mark."

#FPL | #MUFC 👹

FS I planned to bank this week and have 2 FTS for next week. And now this.

Fux things right up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rashford and March out for me now. Can't even sub Chilwell in for his one good fixture, as he's injured too. Fcuk sake. Could stick to my main plan of Botman out and Watkins>Wilson. It does mean that whatever 4.1m defender I bring in is gonna start this weekend! Can't bring in Lindelof as I have Shaw, Rashford and will bring Bruno in eventually. Thinking of Kiwior (4m) for Arsenal. Hopefully he starts though!

Is Bruno now a less attractive option if Rashford is out I wonder? Might be a better option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I had Rashford on the bench, just hope he's back for their DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Am on a wildcard this week with the aim to bench boost the week after.

Any thoughts ony team would be extremely welcome...

Since posting that I swapped out Raya for Leno. Tough matches remaining for Brentford.

Not the first change and likely not the last.

🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Willock for me, always looks threatening from games I've seen

I don't think that KDB plays this GW, he looked wrecked at the end of the Madrid game and he missed a few recently. I think he plays Madrid and then 120 mins of the double instead.

Maybe use Salah/Gakpo this GW and then switch to KDB for the DGW instead? Or another MID that will play and could score. Chance a Mahrez/Foden?

I would suggest Bruno but Man Utd are not scoring goals reflective of their league position (2nd lowest scorers in the top half) and the Wolves fixture is traditionally very low scoring.

Maybe Odegaard but you already have Martinelli

I have 3 flags myself, but have 2 FTs so I'm somewhat covered. It's very dangerous to go into this sort of GW will just 1 players, especially when Pep might rotate heavily and then I could end with 9 starters and a cameo.

I'm fairly set on switching out March, possibly to Foden/Mahrez which will set me up for DGW37 hopefully.

Rashford/Zinchenko have varying flags. Zinchenko more of a cash cow but not sure how much I can risk burning a transfer on when there are only 3 GWs to go and DEFs are a bit of a waste when end of seasons are usually when you get a lack of clean sheets, especially the last day. Who could I replace Rashford with though, that doubles (in 36 or 37) that is not Brighton/Newcastle? Which leads me to think I have to switch Zinchenko our and see if Rashford recovers for DGW37 and also recovers his big downturn in form.

• Advertisement

My defence is doing my head in.

I have Estupinan, Trippier, Stones, Dalot and Konate.

Currently playing Estupinan, Stones and Konate.

Estupinan: Probably not going to keep clean sheets considering the form Brighton are in, and up against Arsenal and Newcastle.

Konate: His form is dreadful (2.3) but whenever I see him play, he's everywhere, and seems to be 4th or 5th in bps, so just missing out. Leicester are awful though, so I'm expecting Liverpool to steam roll them.

Trippier: In awful form (which is why he's on the bench), but has a DGW.

Stones: City have kept 5 clean sheets in the league in '23, but Everton just found their scoring boots, so I'm expecting Everton to give City a game as it's about survival for them.

Dalot: United now have something to play for with Pool creeping up behind them. Wolves don't really have anything to play for now, so united may be seeing this as necessary 3 points.

My cup starts this week, and it's 3rd place (me) against 2nd place, separated by 10 points. Any guidance appreciated.

Yeah would defo prioritize dumping Zinchenko rather than Rashford. Could be back for the double. Zinchenko gone for the season, I think.

I would start Trent if I owned him. But I wouldn't start Konate.

Trent has the ceiling and he is going to score massively with a goal one of these GWs with the chances he is getting. Even if Liverpool concede, he can score points and has done in each of the past 5 or 6 weeks.

But Leicester score goals, are at home and need to win. Liverpool concede away from home. I can remember Konate scoring in a cup game against Man City but tbh I can't remember him scoring in a league game so it's safe to say he doesn't have attacking potential.

Man Utd v Wolves is typically low scoring. Will Dalot start and finish x-0?

Good point.

I'm chasing that upside and getting one week ahead of Rashford. But that can wait for when we get more info

Cheers fitz. Moved again after my last post to swap out De Bruyne for Salah.

Kinda feel vindicated now. 😁😅

Edit:

I was courting the idea of getting Foden in, I feel he has a big score on the way soon (a baseless hunch). But Salah is on a bit of a streak and can see him get something against Leicester who seem to be panacking. Will swap back to KDB next gw, I agree with you about playing both games after the Madrid game. They are still fighting for the league. Might take a hit next week to replace either Wilson or Isak to Alvarez. Dunno why but I think he will get good playing time in both games.

I'm so wary with Dalots 3 minute cameo last weekend. If he was a guaranteed start, I'd start him ahead of Konaté

Sound logic there. If you are up for a punt then Madeuke might be worth considering. Chelsea have a double and while they are facing hard games they still have a good chance of scoring in those games. Came across a bit on him somewhere and him getting into good scoring positions, cant remember where.

Agree with you about there being less chance of clean sheets at this time of the year. The ability to be able to pick those who get them from those available to you will be invaluable. Or if feeling brave, bring in a cheaper player that you think might do well - Tarlowski for me. Had him selected before their last game and there seems to be a bit of life in Everton now. Like the threat of relegation has sunk in properly and they are treating every game as a cup game.

Leeds have tough games ahead but Alardyce will have enough tricks up his sleeve to bolster the defence. They might be an very out of the box punt.

Tough one alright but I'd 100% play Dalot or Trippier ahead of Konate. I'd arguably bench Stones for Dalot/Trippier too.

I agree with @sheroman01 about benching stones. Dont see him playing the full game, if at all.

The cup is head to head over a single gameweek. You need to outscore them this week only, it doesnt matter that they are 10 points overall. All you need to do is get 1 more point than him (of the score minus any hit points).

I finished fourth in mine and am playing second. Thought for sure they would go 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd. Not that it makes a difference to me. 60 points behind both 1st and 2nd. We have players from same teams with a few differences in players chosen, 2 defs and 1 attacker for NUFC vs 1 def and 2 attackers, different bha players but same combo.

It will come down to fine margins and hoping one of the other differences returns for you but not for them.

• Advertisement

My playing 4m defender is likely gonna get 2pts max. Therefore if I take a -4 to bring in MacAllistar for March, it "should" be a safe gamble. Currently set on that....Botman+March+Watkins to Patterson+MacA+Wilson for a -4. Think it's worth it. It does mean another -4 for Bruno next week but I'll deal with that next week...

Advertisement