Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at buying a house in Navan, some help appreciated

Options
  • 08-05-2023 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Have started house hunting with my wife for us and our two kids. Few places look of interest from browsing Daft.

Canterbrook, Athlumney Abbey, Athlumney castle.

I’ve had a search on the forum and didn’t find much in date. Seems the general jist of feedback was potential traffic issues. I work from home full time so not a major stress although guess need to be conscious about potential school drop offs.

Some viewings coming up in the coming weeks but would greatly appreciate any insights anyone can share :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Milohoney

The areas you have listed are very nice. All are close enough to Navan town you looked to see if there is availability at the local schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Hi there

I purchased a house in Athlumney Abbey in September 2021, absolutely adore living in this estate. Quiet, well maintained and very safe, perfect if you have kids.

We are on the opposite side of Johnstown to where the schools are, they are about a 20 min walk ish - (I don't have kids no business going up there to be honest!) Supervalue is a 10 min walk from the house and the NX bus stop is right outside our estate.

The houses in Athlumney Castle are ran on oil I believe and our estate is on gas so just one thing to note. If you want to pm me any questions I would be more than happy to help!

Advertisement