Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing SEPA transfer

Options
  • 09-05-2023 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello BoI,

I am resorting to this forum to make it public and see if I can get resolution to my issue.

Since January I have been trying to pay my American Express credit card via SEPA transfer (The only payment method they provide) using BoI 365 online.

This is the summary of what's happened so far:

• 10/01 256.83€ - After 10 working days the money hasn't arrived. I had spent about 1month with American Express trying to sort it out, eventually they sent me back to BoI and I've been trying to get this transfer recalled ever since February or checked for compliance hold. I have called every single week on the phone to BoI and nobody is giving me any information whatsoever on this. I have also raised a complaint at the branch on the 28/03. It got escalated internally but this also hasn't gone anywhere. Essentially BoI has lost/stolen my money and there's no answer to it.
    • 20/02 1075.57€ - I had sent this transfer, got no where. Requested BoI for a recall. Recall came back into my account.
    • 08/03 100€ - After multiple calls with BoI support, they had asked me to send a new one with all the Payee details and setup on 365 verified/confirmed over the phone. This transfer arrived to Amex within 24hrs.
    • 10/03 1811.59€ - Once the 100 above were confirmed, I assumed all was ok, so sent this one out. After ~7 business days I requested a recall as it's nowhere to be seen either. Recall came back into my account.
    • 24/03 300€ Per suggestion of Amex and BoI support, I sent this for a lower amount to see if the issue is with the amount. This arrived the 04/04. 7 Working days later.
    • 18/04 150€ Per suggestion of Amex and BoI support. Sent this once again for a lower amount. After 8 working days I requested a recall as it never arrived. I have received this back in my account.

I have been calling BoI support every single week since February. By now I have spent over 15hrs on the phone. My AMEX credit card is incurring late payment fees and you have lost/stolen 256.83€ from me since January.

I will be bringing this with the Financial services FSPO and the small claims court unless I get my money back plus retribution of all the time wasted on the phone and the late fees incurred from AMEX, as to this day I have not been able to pay the credit card using BoI.

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If you have contact our customer service desk and my colleagues have placed a recall on this transfer then please note that it is done on a best efforts basis and cannot be guaranteed. We also cannot provide a timeframe for recalls.

If you want to raise a complaint in relation to this then you can do so online via the link below and our complaints team can investigate this further for you.

https://bit.ly/3O9s0Bd

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablojml

The answer above is unacceptable and the same I've been getting since February.

Nobody in BoI is able to tell me what is going in with the missing funds. So to this date, BoI has stolen/lost my money which I need to pay a credit card.

I have wasted 15+ hours on the phone with your support team with no resolution to date.

Please escalate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to us here.

I would advise that you raise a complaint using the link in my previous post so that our complaints team can investigate this further.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement