Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android or Apple IOS

Options
  • 09-05-2023 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just about to change my phone and I am trying to make up my mind between A Pixel 7 Pro , an S23 Ultra or an iPhone 14 Pro. I have read a lot of reviews on all phones and the androids seem to be troublesome. Any current users of the above phones throw any light on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It’s all down to personal preference. What phone have you got at the moment?

Personally I prefer android as it’s not as locked down as iOS but iOS is slightly more polished and perhaps slightly more intuitive for non-techy people but if you are already used to android then I’d stick with it. I haven’t tried any of the above but my pick would be the pixel. Clean stock android and an excellent camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Had a fair few Samsung's inc a 21 ultra and never had a problem with them , same goes for pixels , I have a 6a in my hand at the moment while my iPhone 13 mini charges and it's a great phone ,

I think the android s have the edge camera wise and the iphones are more of a bland experience ,

I only use the 13 mini as it's the best "small phone " available at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

I have pixel 7 pro,it's great but 23 ultra is better in all departments.

I've watched dozens of comparison videos,all put the ultra ahead,

Only thing Apple have better eco system

And you'll get updates fir 6 yrs,and a better resale value

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Can't stand IOS and really don't get why it's so highly rated. The basic layout hasn't changed since the start, Customisation options are extremely limited, lack of persistent soft keys or buttons hamper the usability, no proper app drawer, the multitasking/app switching is poor, STILL no fingerprint scanner on their flagship models etc etc

They trade on image and marketing hype which is why they sell and resell so well, but if you want a modern experience that you can setup the way you want and actually enjoy using, get yourself an S23 Ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

If you're with IOS already I'd say stick with it. IOS is good. Android is good.

I prefer Android and I hate IOS but more because I've ingrained Android shortcuts and ways of doing things into my brain. When I use an IPhone I just want to throw it out the window as it's unintuitive for me. I've a friend who is exactly the opposite.

Both have some pros over their alternative. I like how customisable Android is. I can buy a phone that suits me and the OS is customisable too.

One thing abosolutely not to do though if you do buy Android. Don't buy a €300 phone and compare with an expensive iPhone. I've seen people do that and then complain that they should have bought an iPhone. No, they should have bought a decent phone if they want to compare with an iPhone.

One negative (for newer people) maybe is the choice. There can be too much choice. I've a OnePlus 9 for the last couple of years and and thinking of getting a new phone. I want to get the best bang for buck and there is loads of choice so I have analysis paralysis. That's not really a problem for Apple users. You have your couple of price points and you pick one.

I'm not a big fan of the Samsung phones. To me, they try to be the Apple of the Android world so charge more just for the brand name. I've never been a fan of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi lads, I'm about to switch from Android to iPhone but the phone I'm considering only takes a Nano SIM. Is it just a matter of me requesting one from my service provider Gomo as I currently only have a micro SIM?

Thanks.

Afaik any phone shop can do that

ive a nano sim in my 14 pro max

vF shop sorted it for me

got the guy to fit it etc

i came from android

They can give u a plastic sim thing that your one fits into from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Are you sure there isn't a nano SIM inside your micro SIM you can take out? If not, just go into your networks shop and they will transfer to a new SIM or cut your current one down to size maybe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement