Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus mobile app being retired

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Badly designed app even if less functions will slow down the app. It's normally not about the number of functions, but about how well it's coded. It's good that your expectations aren't high. But mine are as I desire for a future proof app relevant to the modern needs. Not just basics. We definitely should desire more and be more ambitious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Another transit app has added Dublin to their list of available cities, and it looks pretty decent.

Uses the new GTFS data to show realtime location of buses, along with some other nifty features.

It has a very nice looking trip planner as well:

It works for DART, Luas, Dublin Bus, Go-Ahead and Dublin bikes as of now. Support for commuter train services is in the works apparently as well.

Would be great for more of these apps to include more "mobility" hire providers (i.e. bleeper, moby, etc.). Citymapper used to have bleeper showing in the app, and while the tab is still there, it has not worked for a good while.

Shame some features are locked behind a paywall, but the basic functionality is free to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭rounders

Transit App seems really really user friendly. Only downloaded it this morning so haven't tested it much but presume it's used the TFI api's for the data but presenting it in a much nicer view. Live location tracking is really easy to follow on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Didn't read previous posts, the TFI LOVE app is utter $hite, no ETA.

Feels like a project a junior mobile dev intern might make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭john boye

I don't know what TFI were thinking bringing out a love app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

"Scheduled" means forget about it, that bus ain't coming at all.

It is very misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

You may be right at times but there are many reasons why there may be no tracking for a bus on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It can mean that the bus is operating but the GPS equipment on the bus is not working properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Maybe the odd time it is due to GPS glitches or whatever, but I have to say that in my experience any time I have seen "Scheduled", the bus did NOT arrive. I ignore Scheduled buses now and aim for the next one, because experience has taught me that this is the best way not to kick the bus pole into oblivion with frustration!

• Advertisement
Advertisement