Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Hi,

Can we add stuff into the bag that was given to us and where do we drop it off tomorrow?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Stick waht u need for after the race, warm clothes, etc but don't over pack it. The bag drop is on ur left as u enter the start area - can't miss it

Thanks slow runner, is there a time limit in which you can drop the bag? Like could I drop stuff off right before my run?

Also are we given a key for a locker that we will need to mind?!

Sorry for all the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

No key mate, the bags are just left outside under supervision ready to be collected by yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

The bag drops are manned continuously until after the race, its just a barriered off area where a volunteer will take ur bag- make sure ur number is on the front of the bag (the sticker with ur race number that is stapled to your bib), when you finish collect ur bag from the same place,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭left_hander

I'm sure they'll gladly welcome people who complain about the bag situation to county 22,500 bags next year before the Expo. Its easy to complain but how do people know they didn't order them and maybe a mistake (either deliberate or not) happened from the supplier side?

You'd only know that if you have run out on the day unless as I say somebody wants to volunteer to count them.

Its easy to complain without knowing the facts from the organiser side, much and all as we poo pooed the transfer situation above for which criticism is valid. You can plan for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭ergo

Was at the Expo earlier mid morning, great buzz around the place, busy but organised, didn't seem any smaller than when I was last there although that is a good few years now

Enjoy the run everyone, not doing it myself but loads I know are, will be out shouting ye on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's the people on the course that make the marathon, the unreal support not a dodgy bag at the expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭left_hander

Agree. Nothing to stop you putting your stuff in any old bag or backpack and sticking your number on it. Might be a more sustainable solution anyway than 22k single use bags with F all in it.

Anyway good luck to everyone running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 woodseythelegend

Hey lads I’m coming in from N2 side tomorrow. Could anyone recommend a car park for the marathon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Flex2016

You’re not allowed use any old bag or backpack. Unless you own a clear backpack.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭FazyLucker

Have done it before. Nothing said to me. Number clearly displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭FazyLucker

Try somewhere like Sir John Rogersons Quay or around there. No need to park in a car park. Loads of free parking around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭chabsey

Google tells me that I should bring my swimming trunks for wearing at about 11am. 5mm of rain. Please be wrong Google.

I'm looking at Yr.no and out the window. Looks pretty perfect. Overcast and no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

Seems like the forcast on AccuWeather is now for rain at 1pm.

Hope you're finished or at least over heartbreak hill by 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭chabsey

Hopefully Google got this one wrong, other reports look better so I'll go with those :)

Another option would be for them to get the Luas green line from Harcourt or Charlemont out to Milltown, great place to cheer there about 2 mins walk from marathon route just before mile 20, then quick hop on the Luas back to city centre, depends of course how fast your last 6 miles will be and trams could get busy later on in day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone taking part today.

Anyone any idea will it be possible to watch the livestream back later on after the event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭billyhead

Where is the best place to cheer on relatives running near public transport links. I was thinking crumlin but the Luas isn't running from Connolly until after 10.45. Would near the finish line be best?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was down at Harolds cross for the first ~500 or so coming through. Got home to watch the last 10k on youtube. What happened to Kiprotich?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭winstonia

Big new course record. My friend loved the conditions today bar maybe the last downpour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'll give a mini race report.

Finished in 5:32 (although for some reason the tracker thinks I started at 8:45, so says 6:32)

Goal was 4:30, so didn't got to plan.

Paced myself exactly the way I planned for the first 20k and I blew up, never had it happen before, so I'm pretty devestated.

To put in into context, I ran a much hilier kilkee half marathon quicker than the my first half today, before the 700km training block.

Happy I finished but just so disappointed with how it went, no idea what happened.

We all have days like that, some days your body just says not today. Support was unbelievable as always. People are just absolutely fucken unreal to give a complete stranger a big boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭marathon2022

You finished. That's awesome lad. If your not happy go out and beat it down the line but for now you should be proud of yourself.

When do pics go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was out for a few hours cheering between miles 11 and 12 - a great atmosphere despite the chill and rain - but were they missing a lot of pacers this year? I think I only saw two or three in all the time I was out there.....

And I nearly missed the first female runners, I was expecting a car or bike or something to be ahead of them - I'm sure there was every other year I've been there.

I also managed to miss the one person I was looking out for - turns out the tracker was about a mile behind real time, but I copped it just a bit too late.

But another great morning, making me feel very inadequate altogether - huge congratulations to everyone who ran today (especially in that absolute monsoon at around 1pm!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So a 20 year old set a course record in only his second marathon. What kind of testing do they do for elite athletes?

Post edited by ted1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

The debate is about the shoes woren in races this year. Records smashed all over the place and new shoes make vaporflys look like flopflop

Advertisement