Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭Trampas

I’d go people who start race and not just finish

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Yep i'm in. I've unfinished business from last year and the plan is to smash it this year and be sub 4. Which should be more than achievable the way my training is going.

Hope all the training is going well

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mikeh22

I wont be able to do Dublin this year.

Can you get refunded for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

Yea , there is a refund window open at the moment, check your emails. I’m fairly sure it closes on the 16th. If you miss it there is still the option to transfer to someone looking for a place when that facility opens in July . No real details yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LukeDeBarra

Hi, looking for a transfer of anyone has one. Happy to cover the admin fee they charge ye also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LukeDeBarra

Hi, you are charged for a refund I think so if you want to wait a few days and transfer to me then I’m happy to give you a full refund/pay the admin fee also.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Likewise, looking for a transfer so if anyone unable to run just message me and I’ll happily buy it from them and cover whatever fees are associated with the transfer. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭brick tamland

You'd have no hope at getting anything near the full price on on the "black Market". People couldn't give them away last year. If it was me id take the 30quid hit and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oonagh92

Hi there! I'm new to the forum 👋 I came on here looking for a transfer if anyone is unable to run, happy to cover fees ect. Really got the itch to run the marathon. I hope I'm not too late the the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I have no interest in selling my number on the black market as it is illegal to do so. I hope people looking to buy numbers on here without going through the proper channels realise the problems it causes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Tickets for Dublin going on sale tomorrow (time not specified) according to the Dublin Marathon Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Yes, available now. A friend just got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I got one this morning as well 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

For better or for worse, against my religion etc., I got one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Got one as well, must have been a good few opted for refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

just got one now, as ye say there must be plenty available

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FinnC

As I expected anyone who wants to run will get a place. A lot of big hype created last year when it apparently sold out which is fair enough, but good to see now a refund and transfer system in place.

Won’t be bothering with it myself this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

sold out now on eventmaster, or rather looking for a code to go any further .. does anyone know how the transfer system works ?

my wife is looking for an entry, does she contact someone looking to transfer and then theres a system somewhere to switch the entry over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

Don't think it's announced yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kd82

Hi, I'm hoping to get a transfer in July when it opens if anyone knows of one going. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Everything will be clearer when the transfer system actually opens. Hang in there people - in the end DCM always seems to accommodate the runners who want to run. That’s the way it was, and that’s the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DavidSSFRunner

Hey all, I'm interested in doing the Dublin City Marathon this year because my family and girlfriend are doing it so I'm the only one left out!! Is there anyone with a ticket that they are going to transfer over? I'm willing to pay you an extra 50 euro to you. If you want to email me too, im on ddavidrryan92@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

I’m looking for an entry and will happily take yours via the transfer system if you haven’t already got someone to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'm not sure that this is the kind of transfer system that Dublin Marathon has in mind, which taken to its logical conclusion could effectively end up with people transferring to the highest bidder (assuming there are any bidders). A kind of 'reverse tout' system. 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 27 turfman1

There were plenty of places made available last week, mind boggles how some are still looking for alternative ways of getting an entry when they had plenty of time to pick one up last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

And I really hope this thread doesnt turn in to people asking for transfers. Or offering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

I was away last week so missed out on the announcement :(

Hopefully more come on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭Trampas

You mean the I’ve been training all year and didn’t realise it had sold out comments even though people have had 3 chances now to sign up I think.

the initial lottery. Then the ones didn’t get taken up and now last weeks one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think we'll seperate out transfers into another thread to avoid this - if there are going to be a large volume of requests from transfer we may set up a queue system just to be fair to everyone. That's how Tri forum handled it for the popular races in the past.

@DavidSSFRunner - while we don't strictly have rules against offering over and above at the moment, it's not really within the spirit of the transfer system. If money isn't an issue there are other ways you can get entry ie paying yourself for a charity place. Would advise not leaving your email address on open forum also!

Advertisement