Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Time-Limited Waiver in respect of Development Contributions

Options
  • 09-05-2023 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Development contribution waiver scheme - conditions and operational arrangements The temporary development contribution waiver arrangements will apply for 1 year to all permitted residential development – - that commences on site between 25 April 2023 (the date of the Government Decision approving the measure) and 24 April 2024, and - is completed not later than 31 December 2025. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Thanks for this - I paid some of my development contributions monthly to do some preliminary work, about 4K's worth but after my planning extension was rejected I've been told I can't get a refund until the planning expires! Thankfully that's later this year but just watch out. This new arrangement above is much better and it avoids that issue altogether!

Note on this scheme:

Irish Water want actual payment at time of application & you can apply to get reimbursed when you have your commencement notice. You may need cash on had for this depending on timings etc. Standard charges covered only, quotable charges / self-lay sureities are not covered / don't apply.

SDCC where I'm based invoice you when you trigger the commencement notice and then look for the payment from another Government department so you don't have to hand over any cash, unless you fail to complete by Dec 2025. There is a form to fill out and submit when you fire off the commencement notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Starcash

Hi, has there been any talk about extending this scheme like they did the HTB scheme?. I've found nothing online wondering did anybody hear anything about a possible extension. Thanks in advance.

Possibly but only likely to be announced very close to final date, maybe @ March 2024 but I wouldn't count on it....not heard anything either.

FYI - just got my final waiver paperwork on this to sign but it requires a Solicitor to witness, another useless hurdle to jump through! No drivers license allowed.

"This Undertaking must be made and signed in the presence of one of the following:

In Ireland a Notary Public, a Commissioner for Oaths or a Solicitor.

Documents which can be used to confirm the identity of the declarant:

Valid Irish Passport or Passport issued by the authorities of an issuing state which is an

authority recognised by the Irish Government

or

National Identity Card issued by the authorities of a State which is an EU Member State, the

Swiss Confederation or a Contracting Party to the EEA Agreement."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Not sure if it still affects you anymore OP, but the waiver is being extended until at least the end of the year now. To be announced this week.

Advertisement