Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2023

Options
  • 09-05-2023 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone I completed my stage one exam this afternoon I got the assessment questionnaire and verbal done under the time given but I spent over an hour on the numerical that wouldn’t prevent me from passing once I got all the answers correct ?

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

Maybe better posting this in the 2023/2024 thread for recruitment. What kind of maths was on it if you dont mind me asking ? Im struggling with maths was never good at it and im scared to sit the test. But my opinion is that it would only effect OOM because cant fail if they are correct ? Might be wrong just my opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keevs23

I’ve heard that they do watch your time and that will also be included in which oom you get… personally I would rather all questions are answered correctly and should still get a call then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jack_ckelly

The numerical assessment was mostly based around bar charts the first couple were easy but got harder as I went through the assessment it took me a little over an hour to complete but rather them all right than the time it took.

How did you find the other two assessments? I felt like they were trying to catch you out on them. Completed them within the given time frame but still unsure off how they went 🤔

your Not the only one I did complete the other two under the time given I messed up on the first couple of the job simulation becuase I was going like the practise tests and I thought one was good and five was bad but it was the other way around luckily I coped on. How did you do on the numerical and how long did it take ?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many people applied for this years Garda recruitment campaign 2023 ? Normally the figure is out by now but heard nothing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Both off-topic threads merged. Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

Just completed numerical there now found it tough took me over an hour also. I was taking my time as the panic had set in to even think 🤦‍♀️Unsure of maybe 2 answers so hoping it will still be ok 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seskintony

Hi guys ,just looking into stage 2.whats everyone doing to prepare for it ? Stressing out a little now .written exercise .300 words in 30 mins ,its a bit extreme considering we have nothing to study only example scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 9 A-23

Yes feel the same way, any idea on what way we have structure it? Bricking it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 A-23

I Know its still early but has anyone went and done the written yet? Or can shed some light on what's expected?

I am doing mine on Tuesday to get a little bit more practise in more before hand. I bought the Garda IP stage 2 written course for extra practice & scenarios realistically if you know the roles & responsibilities of a Garda you should be fine there are no right or wrong answers do what you think is best in whatever scenario u get.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement