Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel Tablet

• 11-05-2023 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Didn't see a topic on this, so here we are.

I've been waiting for this to both work as a smart home display but also a tablet for my daughter when we are at home. Looks like we are going to have to wait with no sign of Ireland on the pre-order list of countries.

The price is a lil hard to swallow but at just under €700 with the doc I'd be interesting to see the reports on build quality and if it's bang for buck. Hopefully not as buggy as the initial builds and intro to market as say the Pixel 6/6 Pro got.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Yeah, it's something I'd be interested in, but the price is a bit crazy. I'd say you're way better off getting a home hub and a tablet/chromebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

If it was available for pre-order I would have done it to be fair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

V tempted by this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

That's mad money. Amazon kindle tablets have us spoiled. Little 6 inch tablets were 80? Euro or something like that in Argos.

Edit in fairness it does look great IF that dock comes with it in the price

True, but you are looking at 6inch tablets. If obviously you want something larger and more flexibility on it you have to pay for it, although approx 679 is a lot, haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

Yeah but Amazon were doing a 10 inches for not much more. Anyway that Google looks great but the days of me paying that type of money are well gone. Maybe 250 at a push I'd pay for it.

Its near release day for this and Im still seriously considering buying from the UK store and ship to a mate in N.I.

I wonder why they chose not to release to the Irish market.

It took them years to start selling the original google homes and then the max hubs here. I bought both mine from Dixons Dublin airport (treated as a UK retailer pre Brexit).

Wonder if I can scoot up to Curry's/PC World in Newry

I had money earmarked for this, but the price is just crazy. In the end I bought myself a Lenovo Duet Chromebook that has a stylus and a detachable keyboard that allows it to become a tablet. For me, it's more functional than the Pixel Tablet. I could buy myself another Home Hub in addition to this, and still have another couple of hundred euro left over in my pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TechFanKeady

I've been wanting to get one of these as well. Holding out until I've read more reviews.

@TechFanKeady

Let me know if you decide to order one and where you order it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Amazon de has them and ship here

But with a euro plug I'm sure. Not a fan of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Wow. Almost €50 over the already insane price in continental Europe.

That's bloody nuts....how in god's name to Curry's have a business 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xman6677

The difference in the this tabet price between the US and Europe is massive so wondering if imported form the US how much customs would be paying approximately?

Down here I don't know, they are rarely price competitive in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Way more than it's worth dealing with the hassle. You'd be paying round 100+€ import + shipping and remember the US price doesn't include VAT, so add that on top of the 499 price too. Only economical way would be importing it in a suitcase if you or someone you know happens be be over there or going over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone know if the barrel adapter for the pixel tablet stand is the same as the adapter for the Nest Hub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

€570 delivered from Amazon France for porcelain colour, grey is €50 more. I'm half tempted but to be honest it's still at least €100 over priced. Probably better just getting a hub max, as a tablet it doesn't quite tick all the boxes I want for a portable device so better saving the money for something that suits.

Any one have both the Hub Max and the Pixel tablet think it's worth the extra money?

Advertisement