Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Irish cricket grounds?

Options
  • 11-05-2023 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Just a few to get the ball rolling…

Malahide

Merrion

Cork County

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

My favourite ground is probably Clontarf - I've spent many hours watching cricket of all standards here, as well as playing & umpiring.

Best places to watch cricket: Clontarf, Leinster (lots of seating all around the ground), Merrion, North County.

Best places to play: The Hills, Clontarf, Merrion, North County

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Damnit, I knew there was something fishy about that Malahide photo. It’s Stormont.

Thanks for your thoughts. Very envious of your residency at Clontarf CC. I agree with you about The Hills. It’s a great little club.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

been to Malahide a good number of times and Clontarf once all be it ages ago now.

Malahide is really a super venue to watch cricket. Always get in nice and early and in addition have procured seats close to where the food / refreshments trailer is…. No hassle bringing in a couple of drinks / sambos from what I can see.

Advertisement