Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Soccer Mom Save the USA?

Options
  • 11-05-2023 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Having watched Trump on the CNN townhall last night, it now clear this guy is detached from reality, and most likely has some type of undiagnosed mental illness.

However his poll rating are going up, and it would be a brave person who would back against him getting the Republican nominee for the upcoming Presidential election.

If and it's a big if I know, but then that's what Hiliary thought, he does win in 2024 then it will be God Help America.

My question to you is can this middle class, female voting bloc save the USA, (and the rest of us) from this dystopian outcome?

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Depends what part of the country, but in my experience your "soccer Mom" in the US is as likely to be a fairly lunatic Trumpite as anyone else. Not saying they are plurality Trumpite, but Trumpism infected every strata of society - and as we've seen, once someone goes Trump they're reluctant to retreat from the fantasy world they've created for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

i take you point Soccer Mom (SM) may not be a monolith, but surely last night's performance cannot have endeared them to him. Or is the USA so far gone that some SMs will find his misogynistic, "grab 'em by the pu$$y" views endearing? if that's where its at, then we're into a form of cultism don't you think!

The 2024 Election is a crossroads moment in US politics, not unlike 1930s Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I believe had covid not happened, trump may have gone down as a very very good president.

He has support and may well get into office again.

He would yet again run a mad house if he did get in with hirings and firings weekly but I dont think he is anything to be afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

If covid had not happened he would have started a war with Iran, sure he blew up on of their generals a few weeks before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is the problem, you're so sure about something you can't be sure about. Trump was in office for a good while after that event, and little happened. We were told there'd be war with NK too, yet nothing happened either. When you look at his term in office, most of the claims made by people like yourself and the "experts", never materialised.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he had no interest in wars but he carried a big stick on the world stage

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

If Trump can end this crazy war in Ukraine, like he has promised to do, then his presidency will automatically go down in history as being vastly superior to the current incompetent chap in the oval office. Couple this with his obvious ability to turn their economy around, and you can see why so many Americans will consider voting for him.

I know plenty of yanks who are considering voting for him, despite historically being democrat voters or even rarely voting at all... they are just that sick of Biden at this stage. They would prefer an unlikable and obnoxious guy like Trump, rather than an incompetent old fool like Biden. And it's very easy to understand why tbf.

I not a fan of Trump as a person either. I find him quite annoying tbh... but if I was an American, I think I would still consider voting for him over Biden. It's a terrible choice that Americans are going to be put in, but you would want to be certifiably insane to vote someone as useless as Biden back into office. A man who has brought his nation (and the world) to the verge of nuclear war, and is showing signs that he's looking to pick a fight with the Chinese next. I'm confident most Americans are sensible enough to do the right thing, and bin uncle Joe at the first chance they get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - There's a Trump thread already, no need for another one

Closed

There's no Marjorie Taylor Green thread yet, jus' saying...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement