Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income tax query - energy supplier credits taxable??

• 11-05-2023 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with regards an income tax query

Just clutching at straws here but here is my scenario. We have Solar PV panels on the roof and its getting exported. The energy provider that we are with, those not pay into our bank account, but simply credits the amount onto our Energy supplier account. So for example, if they need to pay us €200, then they add the €200 onto our Energy Supplier account so we can use it on a later date on the next bill.

So the questions is, if they are just paying the amount as credits, do I need to declare that as an income? Or would I only need to declare it as an "income" if I ask them to pay into my bank account?

Advertisement