Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dog food?

Options
  • 11-05-2023 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

2 year old beagle is currently on Tesco dog food (dry). She’s healthy and a good weight, but I can’t help but feel I’m doing her a disservice. Most supermarket dog foods are absolute crap (mostly grains and the “meat@ is actually just the parts of the animal they normally throw out rather than the actual nutritious parts) so I’d like to move her onto something healthier for the long run.

I was looking at Nadur, but I can’t find a website from them or any real reviews. She was on Burns for a while but then they changed the formula and loads of people were saying it made their dogs sick.

I won’t touch Royal Canin after it nearly killed a friend’s dog either, so that’s out of the picture.

Any recommendations?

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Our dogs seem very happy with Burns since we made the switch over a year ago. No digestive issues either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Recently started on Leader sensitive adult here and it’s going down a storm. She’s enthusiastic about her food, and the size of her poops has reduced significantly, suggesting there’s more absorption and less filler being passed out. It’s also Irish, which I like.

Nadur is made by Petstop, so their website is basically just the petstop one. Our dog liked it but I’m not keen on feeding exclusively grain free foods so we wouldn’t use it as her main diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I have a 6kg dog- tried James Beloved for a long time and thought it was fine but I found the dog sluggish eventually too often - now I have him on Origen for small breeds and find it good- but I don’t think I’d ever advocate any one feed and I monitor and control amount given as it’s much richer than other dog foods so a little goes a long way- good regular solid stools all the way now but I’ll never become complacent and if there’s a significant change I’ll go searching again-keep an eye on how he/she performs- overtime you may have to change again - all dogs are different and have different needs so what’s good for one may not be suitable for all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

To be honest anything is better than Tesco own brand. You can’t go too far wrong

Advertisement