Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stream from STB to Iphone/Ipad

• 12-05-2023 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

I got my Zgemma Box up and running and i punched in the ip address into web browser and was able to watch tv channels ( using vlc player) with file downloads on my PC.

I'm wondering can i also stream from the stb ( zgemma box) to ios devices -iphone or ipad ?

is there an app in the app store that will let me do this and if so how do i configure it please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

When you open the Webif in a browser and select the EPG listing, look for a monitor like symbol beside a channel name. Clicking / tapping that downloads a temporary link that your device movie player app should open. The same applies to your list of recordings. Again look for the monitor symbol to the left of the name. There is no need to download the actual movie file unless you intend saving it or viewing while away from home.

The link file is a standard .m3u8 media player playlist file.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DK1981

Thanks Gerry - is there a way to get it to work on an iphone?

When i try the browser route with an iphone it wont play.

just wondering do i need an app or something?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm not familiar with Iphone/pad stuff but there should be some way to tell it to open .m3u8 files with VLC or whatever the default video player is.

.m3u8 files are just small plain text files that include the URL to the video or stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

Try VuPlusTV from the appstore.

You'll need to know the IP address of the zgemma box, but it works well.

If you can set the box up on your router to always get the same address it'll make things easier,

but it'll be grand on your local network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

On your PC you'll have a much better experience with Kodi than just opening channels individually with VLC.

You can install the version from the Windows store and then navigate the menu to

Add-ons -> Enter Add-on Browser -> Install from Repository -> PVR Clients

Choose the Enigma2 Client, Install it and choose Configure.

You enter the IP address under web interface in the box starting with Enigma2.

All your channels should now appear on the TV tab of KODI when you launch it.

You'll have current EPG available too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 DK1981

super - thanks very much. got both working there now.

Advertisement