Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband set up advice needed.

Options
2»

Comments

• Just a thought… I presume the new router isn’t connected to a pre-existing router?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• FreshPopCorn, have you got back in business by troubleshooting yet, or what do you now believe the issue is?

Thanks!

i logged into the route Yesterday eventually.

I couldn't spot nothing really off. Not sure what I was looking for tough?

I've informed my manager again.

I was busy putting away an order this morning. Wil give it another look go this afternoon!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What was the reason that you ended up with a new router in the first instance?

Do you know what the name of the broadband package you are on is? Is it with the same provider as before or a different one?

• Advertisement

As far as I know it's simple broadband with Vodafone and it's a new provider

You would really need to establish:

1. Is the provider the same as before if not who was used before/
    2. What is the package name?
    3. Has the provider done all they need to do at their end in order for you to use their service?

If this is a new router that has arrived pre-configured by the ISP it is likely the issue is not with the router itself but with the connection on the Internet side. It either hasn't been properly provisioned on the ISP side and/or there is some confusion around the physical point to which the router is connected.

I would push this issue BACK on the ISP as the router as arrived - it is configured to their specs and you have connected it to what you believe is the correct point.

Do you know what phone number is associated with the DSL connection and can you verify this phone line is working by plugging in a phone to the phone port on the wall?

I'm fairly sure the provider changed.

I work in a shop and I was basically told to open up the modem and plug it in.

Apparently the provider has done what was needed.

I don't have access to a landline.

There should be a landline available on the box in the wall but perhaps you don't have an analog phone to connect it to.

You really need to go back to the provider as it's their issue to solve. You've plugged in the device, it's not working.

I've been told many times by ISPs that everything is okay their side only testablish that it isn't

• Google Trustpilot Vodafone and you will see 89% of contributors give them a 1 point review for customer service. They do not have a good reputation on this respect.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.

After several phonecalls to Vodafone.

Them ringing us to plug it in and out,reset it,etc

They eventually sent out an engineer this week and it was fixed.

He had to plug something into wall socket and went off for a while and it was fixed. It took weeks.

Advertisement