Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace shower pump start capacitor

Options
  • 13-05-2023 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a Grundfos STN 1.5b shower pump that's been acting up

Got a new starting capacitor but having issues getting the old one out.

Never seen these type of terminal blocks before and have no idea on how to get the wires out properly and new ones in! On all the blocks on the board, the side where the wires go in, are all facing away from me in a cramped hot press so making it extra difficult to see what's going on

In my attempts, the original wires came out but I think I just broke them off and make a bit of a dogs dinner of the block!

Would really appreciate some advice

Post edited by Wearb on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

These look like screwless sprung terminals and I think that you just push a flat-head into the rectangular hole perpendicular to the cable entry and push it down to disengage the spring.

Post edited by 10-10-20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Yeah that's exactly it. Managed to get guidance from the place I bought the capacitor from.

Required much more force than I would have thought but finally managed to get it done. Thanks for your help

Advertisement