Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Cork – Recommendations?

Options
  • 13-05-2023 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I am looking to join a gym.

I see there is one in Mahon called Gym Plus and another down by the marina called Studio Fitness.

I am not looking for personal training or classes. I would like to use a treadmill, a bike and maybe some weights if there is someone to help me put a routine together. I am a beginner.

Do you have any recommendations? Anyone here a member of either gym mentioned? Ideally looking for something on the south side of the city. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm a member of studio fitness, it's small but the staff are very friendly and there's no pressure, it's not intimidating at all. Occasionally they'll do an introductory course to show you how to safely use the weights and they're always happy to help outside of that. I'm not sure about putting a formal routine together outside of personal training but they're active on Facebook or if you call in they'll let you know. Very reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Hi Robert, I'm a member of FlyeFit in town. I find it a great gym. Some caveats though, I tend to go early in the morning - they open at 5.30am. Lots of machines and weights. I think you can book in some time with a team member to go through a programme etc too. There is no parking though, so depends on when you would be looking to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jfor

Hi, similarly looking for a gym with a good spa area (easy parking preferred). I notice the Brookfield center has a cold plunge which is a nice addition to a leisure center. Was also thinking of the Rochestown park and Maryborough as they would be the best location for me. Just starting the search so any advice based on experience would be really helpful - thanks!

Advertisement