Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

now tv on apple tv

• 14-05-2023 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I have an apple tv and no matter what I do nowtv will not work. I get sound but no picture.

when I open the nowtv app I get the usual nowtv home screen and can go into all the different sections but when I select the anything I get sound but no picture.

I have tried downloading the app and deleting it and redownloading it.

I tried deleting the app and casting from my phone.

I've tried using WIFI and a LAN connection. no difference.

the apple tv is a new 4k apple tv on the latest software and the phone is an iPhone 12 also on the latest iOS and yes I have a package on nowtv. also I'm only logged in on the phone and apple tv so its not too many devices. one final thing is I have a nowtv stick and it works fine.

I'm trying to limit the number of remotes so i can use the appletv for streaming and the sky box for tv.

any help appreciated.

bop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

That's very strange. I have the same setup and everything is working fine. Can I suggest you make contact with the NOW Help team on twitter if you use that service and they might be able to assist you

@NOWHelpTeam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Weird.

I have it on 4 apple tv 4k boxes past few years always works for me flawless on Now tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

now tv's twitter suggested using a different hdmi port.🙄

I don't understand how I can have the nowtv home screen and be able to go into all the different packages but nothing works.

One thing I might suggest is to completely close the app before you use it each time. I know that if I don't close it down completely each time, it doesn't work well after that. I have to double click the home button on the remote and swipe the app away to close mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭djdunny

Have you checked the video settings in the Apple TV itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pnott

It is a strange one. I have had the Now TV app on my 4k Apple TV with no sound but never sound and no picture. In my case when the sound wouldn't work I deleted the app, restarted the Apple TV through settings, system and restart and then reinstalled the app and it would work again.

It could be a HDCP problem where when the video starts it is not correctly registering the display and it shows a black screen. I find the Now TV app can be very touchy about that when most other apps will just ignore it. You can have the Apple TV check the HDMI connection by going to settings, video & audio and click check HDMI connection. That will tell you if there is a problem with the connection to the TV. Try swapping the HDMI port or try a different HDMI cable and see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your suggestions.

in the end I got a different hdmi cable and everything is working as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Any general thoughts on NowTV for Apple TV? Im sky q currently but really only need sports ..is NowTV 1080p? 4K?

@Emmo-m- Currently watching Loserpool on Apple TV using NowTV. It will depend on your version of Apple TV. Is it the 4K version you have, or the older version which doesn't support HD, if I remember correctly.

With NowTV you also need to add Boost to you package which gives you the higher definition pictures and I think also the ability to stream to other devices. My technical terms might not be correct but that's the gist of it.

Picture is great as was the result (draw 😂 for Liverpool.)

Advertisement