Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine Destroying Rural Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dealers ha e been avtively TRYING TO kill their customers? Actively trying to murder them by adding dangerous products? Riiiight.

Leaving you here because this is bullshit on top of bullshit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭buried

Well what do you think they are doing man, making their customers healthy and functioning by providing a source of well-being for their addicted consumers that will see them all well and their families into the future?

No wonder you are leaving because you and me both know you are talking complete goobledy gook nonsense.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

"never going to be legalised" will u lend me your crystal ball, I wanna get the winning lottery numbers. Earlier you said people who condone coke use are BS merchants, can you point out anything I've said that's bs or untrue? You seem to be obsessed with damage and addiction but the vast vast majority of coke users do not get damaged or become addicts. Also why would dealers try to kill their customers, that's detrimental to their profits and people don't take coke cos they think it's nutritional, they do it for the short-term buzz, lift, effect etc.

I'll point out your BS right now cuz, apart from ignoring the worldwide damage this narcotic is responsible for, your general lame tack to somehow legitimise cocaine addiction is to pontificate that various celebrities used to partake in it, so therefore it's all good. That's your go to remit to defend this destructive criminal substance. That some celebrity used to enjoy doing it. Plenty of other celebrities did other unspeakable $hit too. So that's the remit is it, some celebrity did it, we should all do it too? That's a dark road to go down man, but I'll gladly go down with you and hold your hand if you want.

"why should dealers kill their customers" Are you five years of age and trying to lecture me on the knowledge of drugs, or do you think drugs like cocaine have brought some sort of civilizational progress to every place they have been trafficked through and consumed? Or are you currently on drugs?

No, I haven't taken coke since Xmas 2022. You still haven't explained why dealers would kill their customers, it's not in their financial interest. I think it's important to point out that high-achieving adults have used it. I condemn what celebrities such as Gary Glitter were convicted of and what Jimmy Saville was accused of, so no you don't have to hold my hand. I know the difference between right and wrong. Paedophilia is disgusting and evil, taking coke is not. Again you focus on the word damage, but the vast majority of people take it for enjoyment with no adverse effect. I'm not lecturing you, I'm challenging your opinions.

• Advertisement

The financial interest is addiction. The dealers know full well it is a highly addictive substance. That is why the high level dealers, y'know, them sound lads who control the cartels in the America's that have literal standing armies of illegal soldiers and assassins who lay territorial siege over vast swathe's of territory over the entire continents of central and southern America to control the production and control of the worldwide production of the same said addictive substance. The people that literally murder thousands of people who have no business hoovering the same **** up their nose that you do. But it's the addiction that causes the murder T. It causes it there, you don't see it or have to deal with it, so you are removed from it, fair enough. But the same addiction causes it here too, within your own community. That's the thing with a highly addictive substance T. The dealers don't care for keeping their customer base when the product is highly addictive. That's why I'm asking you are you a juvenile? Look at the tobacco companies, they have known since the mid 1940's that their products killed their consumers. Did they try to stop the killing? No. You telling me the Sinola Cartel is on a more righteous level than them lads from the sound tobacco companies ? Well, fair enough, show me.

"Highly addictive" you're wrong. I first took it in the 1990's and used it about 5/6 times annually. I know others who used it more than me but not 7 days a week. They took it at weekends or special events and led normal lives. Have you ever taken it yourself?

See that's your problem T, the rest of the world doesn't seem to conform to what your level of intake is. If it did there would be no problem at all. But there is a problem isn't there, and your self proclaimed civilised intake is also an integral problem to go along with it.

How was my modest use of coke a problem? and did you ever take it?

The fact you even have to ask that question just highlights the selfish addictive nature of this pathetic muck.

No I never took it, was never into drugs, back in the day somebody gave me a joint and and I got nothing out of it. But a lot of the people I knew back in the day were bigtime into it. Three of them within the last 5 years killed themselves. I'm not putting that down to solely cocaine/drug addiction, but it definitely didn't help.

• Advertisement

If you've never taken it, how do you know it's pathetic muck?

Because its a highly destructive addictive substance. I've literally seen what it does. The world has.

We all know you've taken it. So you tell me why its so great and why everybody should be taking it, sans celebrities.

It's not a highly destructive addictive substance. Over 99% of users do not die from its use. I took it but it wasn't the cause or cure of any of my problems. Personally I think it's over priced and over-rated. I just don't believe it should be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭etuzyuk

From what I see around (rural Ireland), drug use has changed drastically last 20 years both in what people are taking, the amount of youngsters dabbling and what's actually available. Just to write it off as kids having the craic or looking for kicks, no harm done, is extremely naive to say the least. And every drug is a gateway to another drug, and drug use follows trends, that's just the nature of the beast. So what they will be using in 5 years only God knows, but the dealer certainly won't care. If the seizures of crystal meth in the south of the county are anything to go by, the trend could take a very ugly turn.

Just on dealers not in the business of killing their customers, unfortunately they're not famous for their scruples, and it is in fact a thing in certain markets. Where you're dealing with opioid and fentanyl users, and there is a bad batch that's knowing killing people, demand for it actually increases among users as they want the "good stuff" and write off the ODs down to inexperienced users. And the dealers don't care, they're in the business of making money. Obviously they'd prefer not to kill people, but primarily their business is making money and running out of customers is not a real worry for them.

There's a link to a documentary on opioid use in Canada. From about 6 minutes in you'll get an insight into the mindset of the casual dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Strychnine in small doses apparently acts as a stimulant, and is/was used in the cocaine cutting process - allegedly. Not to kill users though…

Tomaldo's coke-using gods wouldn't have had to worry about cut coke though.

Not your ornery onager

If they are mixing poisons in cocaine, then surely that's an argument for legalisation.

Can you not make can argument without the hyperbole?

If your arguments were accurate, there'd be tens of thousands of deaths a year in Ireland due to the stuff. The sheer volume of coke being consumed without incident proves you're argument to be hyperbolic bullshit. There'd be guards, doctors, judges dying all over the country. Kinda strange that isn't happening, no?

But no, 'lets make up **** and say its cut with ratpoison, fantantyl, strychnine - anything we can think of - and we'll claim anyone who disagrees with us is praising cocaine Gods!'.

I do it maybe once every six months hardly 'praising a God'. But then you can't makecan argument using rational language and informed logic, so I guess it has to be hyperbole as a substitute.

Case in point: the replies to this are going to be abusive, make outrageous claims ans be completely devoid of any proof to any claim made.

Get it all off your chest why don't you. I honestly don't know why or how my short post about possible strychnine adulteration sparked the vitriol displayed in your reply.

I even stated that if strychnine is or was present in street cocaine, its purpose is NOT to kill users. Rather, it is to 'boost' the effect of whatever mix is being sold.

If you were logical in your thinking, you would have understood that.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wow…..
    Theres a surprise… 🙄

Users of it say its great…

Non users are against it ….

😝 ….and round and round it goes….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

What makes you so special that you can spread bullshit and not be pulled up on it?

How do you know what coke is being cut with?

• Advertisement

Never said irs great - it's actually overpriced overrated - but I have trusted sources and if they offer, I'll.accept.

But if it was my money, it would by staying in my pocket.

'Bullshit' according to you…

Do you know what your coke is being cut with? Didn't think so.

Newsflash: Street cocaine is stepped on (cut) a number of times, by different people, before it gets to you. Hopefully they all used something innocuous.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Dante

Making coke legal is a terrible idea for so many glaringly obvious reasons that you are either trolling or incredibly ignorant.

I never claimed it was cut by anything, YOU did. The fact that I'm still alive kinda prices you wrong in my specific case.

Now, are you going to answer the quedtion without deflection about the claim YOU made: how do ou know what cocaine is being cut with?

Or is it just some bullshit you heard in tbe pub that fit your preconceived narrative?

Ah here, go back and read my post that started this recent rant of yours. Read it v--e-r-y slowly, word by word until it sinks in.

Among other words, I said "is/was" and "allegedly".

I don't know the favourite adulterants in use these days, and I don't care - because I won't be consuming it. Again I ask - do you know the constituents of the 'cocaine+" that your friends 'give' you?

Getting bored of talking to the wall here, so work away with your little hobby-horse. And look up your thesaurus for a few synonyms of 'bullshit' while you're at it. Your BS is boring at this stage.

Not your ornery onager

I don't know the favourite adulterants in use these days

Then don't claim that you do.

Where did I claim I did know. Quote my post again and show where I said I know. You can't, because I didn't say it. Let's leave it there.

Cue repetitive comeback to which I may not bother replying. You can think you've won if that helps.

Not your ornery onager

This one. Adding 'allehedly' doesn't really get you off the hook if you've got no backup.

Can you claim its 'alllegedly' used? No? Then don't claim its allegedly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭apache

Friends daughter died of cocaine cut with Fentanyl a few years back. Don't know why anyone would think it's not happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement