Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star ratings

Options
  • 14-05-2023 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi folks,

Just wondering is there anyway to see the stars of your stock other than herdplus we werent in the other scheme either.

Thinking of joining up to the new suckler scheme but want to check my replacements as you require so many animals with four or five stars

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think you have to be in either the Genomics Scheme or paid up with HerdPlus.

There might be a way around it. Try this;

Use ICBF Animal Search and type in the tag number of a male calf you have. Under ancestry, you should see the dam's tag number. Click on that and see if it show's the star rating.

Also - are you signed to ICBF?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 37 scuggels

Thanks for the reply. Not signed up to the scheme.

I have a few replacement heifers and want to check them as part of the suckler scheme you have to have four or five stars in the herd.

I have no use for herd plus at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

It's a requirement of SCEP Scheme that you become a member of ICBF, and also join Bord Bia as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Ring ICBF, tell them you’re thinking of joining herdplus and the SCEP, ask them to send them out to you.

Advertisement