Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to Degiro fails - Payee does not support SEPA Transfers error

• 14-05-2023 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am trying to add my Bank Of Ireland current account to Degiro.

In order to do so, I need to proof to Degiro my ownership of the account. This is done by transferring a sum of money (eg 1 eur) to a given Degiro IBAN based in Netherlands.

The Degiro IBAN and BIC are:

IBAN: NL37DEUT0319825019

BIC: DEUTNL2N

Whenever I add this payee an error pops up saying that the Degiro account does not support SEPA transfers.

I can't believe this is true considering how popular is Degiro in Europe. Furthermore I was previously able to transfer money to that account without issues.

Can anybody help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I would advise reaching out to the account holder to ensure that their account does support SEPA transfers. Please also ensure you are selecting the correct country when adding an international payee.

Alternatively you can contact our customer service desk on 0818365365 or you can call into your local branch with photo ID for further assistance.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement