Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Sweep

• 14-05-2023 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else watching?

A housewife and mother-of-three is visited by a man from her distant past, who threatens to expose her former life. Crime thriller, starring Charlene McKenna.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The whole series is available on the RTE Player after tonights show, not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Shot around Bray by the looks of it. Is it a bit cringe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The champagne bottles with the 2 corks are lethal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Picking up a bit now, thought the whole episode was going to be cooking and driving the ankle biters around the place there for a while.

• Advertisement

She kept the Marigolds on!

Some crowd at the Wicklow v Sligo match by the sounds of it 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

It's terrible. Absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barry Ward looks like Aidan Gillen

Seems to have a bit of OCD scrubbing and cleaning all the time.

Keeping the gloves on for sexy time was a bit weird though.

Doubt it will be much good but will see what the next episode is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes, it is all there now, might be best for anyone watching it on the player and posting here to use spoiler tags, I'm sure some might watch it over the next five Sundays.

I distinctly remember the continuity announcer saying the same in the lead-up to the start of KIN season 2 but it never materialised. It initially caused a bit of confusion in the KIN thread.

Why would RTE make the other 5 episodes of Clean Sweep available straight away?

1. They don't think it's good enough to hold high numbers of viewers over the next five weeks?
    2. Is it airing anywhere else ahead of RTE?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a little all over the place, hard to know what in the jaysus is going on, I will watch first 3 episodes and re-evaluate from there. In the safety security box there was a pre 2007 issued non biometric USA passport, what would that be needed for, perhaps an afternoon on Antiques Roadshow to sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Oh my god it was terrible...very slapstick.

The scene where shes leaving the hotel like Liam Gallagher and puking over the steps ...theres noway the nurse would have recognised her or stopped for small talk in that situation.

The spaghetti bolognese was on so long it was making me hungry.

I'll be totally honest I dont get the fascination with Charlene McKenna anyway.Bad sign to release all episodes on the player as they dont think it will hold high viewers.

That little magician fella Aidan must have ran out of reality talent shows and now is acting playing the sick smart young son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I watched the first episode last night and wasn't very impressed at all. Might try one more episode just to see but can't see myself watching the whole lot. Disappointing as the trailers made it look good.

The 'dark glasses and hat' disguise was like something out of the Inbetweeners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm on episode two.

Does Shelley own all the kids even the oldest fella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭xeresod

What's wrong with the youngest kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Brutal first episode. Dreadful acting and worse dialogue. Can’t see how anyone gave this a green light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

There was one scene of car turning into a driveway which looked to be filmed in the leafy suburb of Mount Merrion.

Have only seen first episode and it's not great. Her disguise was laughable and not very good seeing as how the nurse recognised her. Also the 'stressed woman glugging red wine while cooking and juggling family responsibilities and harbouring a Dark Secret ' trope is well overdone at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I watched it all finished last night and wondered where did the 5 hours of my life go to never come back lol

I am trying to find infor on which true crime is this based on so to look what actually happened as the last episode ending so badly imho. was painful to watch at times how slow and meaningless it was.

anyone knows which crime was this based on? if any? i wonder if it is just a fiction ''inspired by'' true crime that is mixture of stuff

Just finished , enjoyed it

Second episode more of the same

Coughing kid

Making dinner and washing up

Running around in disguise

Talking about periods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Rubbish, the scene in the Garda Station was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keanedom

I stopped watching it, it’s terrible 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭cms88

Maybe something will happen next week 🤷

Advertisement