Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Connect not syncing

Options
  • 15-05-2023 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

anyone else having issues syncing scorecards to Garmin Connect lately?

I'm using a Garmin G12 but recently the Garmin Connect website is not picking up new rounds after I do a sync through the Garmin Express app. It worked fine for the last round I did in April but neither of the two rounds I did in May so far are appearing in the Garmin Connect page after I did a sync.

Any ideas on why not?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭coillcam

Make sure you've installed the Garmin Golf app. It's separate to connect and gives you all of the website info.

I have an Android phone (Samsung) and had to get all of the Garmin apps set to never power save/hibernate recently. My rounds were either not syncing to the garmin golf app or only partially syncing. Opening the golf app and manually syncing was hit/miss.

Can't remember exactly the steps, but if you go to your phone settings -> apps -> (select the garmin app), there's something in there to do with power settings. It needs to be done on ALL of the garmin apps you use. Also make sure your phone hasn't disabled any of the permission the apps need to run properly.

Another thing to do is physically connect your G12 by USB to the computer and run the connect software update. I find that it updates maps and software 2-3 times per year independent of the phone apps. Often the watch/phone says fully updated but the computer will apply a missing upgrade. This fixed slow GPS on two occasions over the last couple of years.

Lastly if your phone is on power saving mode, turn it off and try a sync again with both Garmin Connect and Garmin Golf. It should fully sync across and you can flip power saving back on as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He mentions Garmin Express which is a PC app for syncing. OP, I've had issues with that over the years. Try close down and restart computer and make sure app is up to date. Also use it to update the firmware on your phone. Generally sorts it out.

I do find it better to use the phone app though. It's called Garmin connect and a quick google suggests your watch is compatible with that. It should sync automatically in the background, but you can also do it manually through the app, and sometimes you need to. The connect app itself can sometimes be a bit flaky when syncing and generally a full close out of app and maybe restart your watch will sort it out.

You don't need Garmin Golf app necessarily. As in, that is not what is used for syncing. Garmin golf app is just for reviewing your golf, but it is good and I would suggest downloading it and taking a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭phelimb

Thanks @coillcam & @Seve OB, neither my watch or laptop told me any updates were due but I re-installed/updated/restarted everything anyway (watch and laptop) today. Thankfully it's all working again now - did 9 holes this evening and Garmin Connect picked it up with no issues. Well the quality of golf was an issue but I can't blame Garmin for that :)

I downloaded the Garmin Golf app also on the phone - will check that out when I get a chance.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

had the same problem recently

I plugged in the watch and it pops up as a device, you then have to delete a old .fit files and it should be ok

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement